Splash Mountain....How wet do you get?

Well, everyone else apparently has a different experience than me, because we've ridden tons of times and never (not once) been "drenched." I've gotten wet, mostly on the seat of the pants, but nothing that doesn't dry within 10 minutes. When the jets are off you don't even get that wet.

Here are a couple of pics taken just a few weeks ago on 12/21/2011. My son and I in the front got completely sprayed in the face. It was like getting hit by a wave! Ha. As we were heading up the hill to the drop, my husband gave me a hard time for putting my hood over my head. Even with it on and pulled down over my face we were drenched! Fun. (For the person who asked about Kali? There are no adjustments to be made. It's all luck of the draw how your ride "spins"---plan to be soaked!!!)
IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

I guess that's it for SM. I HATE getting soaked, and I'm one of those people who would get soaked even if I was a concrete box...:rotfl:

Like everyone else it depends. I've gotten off dry and soaked to the bone. The water cannons got our entire log one May. We weren't drying because it was so humid and went back to the resort to change after about 2 1/2 hours of being wet.

I'm not sure how much it varies, but last time I was there I rode it in the early evening when it was just starting to get chilly. I was worried about being wet for the rest of the night, so I opted to wear a poncho and turns out I probably didn't need it. I thought I might've been the lucky one in our boat, but everyone else said they were mostly dry too! If you are worried at all, I'd bring a couple of cheap ponchos just in case!

Oh and while we're speaking of water rides, at KR over at AK I got SOAKED just three days later. I risked it and thought maybe they lowered the water levels on that ride too. Umm, not so much! Luckily it WAS pretty hot and we were heading home just a few hours later!

My tip- take one Dry cleaning bag for each of us
I cut hole at top for head and on sides for arms
Fold tightly with rubberband in my purse/knapsack

Use for ride-throw away immediately
We still have gotten our heads soaking wet!:banana::rotfl2:

You get wet. The end. The degree of wetness is another topic but who cares???? You just get wet.

I've never ridden in January either. The last time I rode was Aug and I wanted to get wet and cooled off. We rode in the front row, and got soaked. I think what made it so bad was the wave that kinda comes over the top of the log after you hit the bottom went straight into our laps. Our crotches were soaked:headache: I mean the rest of our bodies had some drops, but it looked like we had had an accident:laughing: It wasn't very pleasant walking around like that in Aug, so if it was cold, that would be even worse! A few days later we rode in the back row. We were dry...maybe a few sprinkles here and there. So, in my experience.....avoid the front row!

DH and I wear ponchos on Splash Mountain. I only ride Splash as the last ride of the night before we head out. Just in case I get wet that way I don't walk around all day/night soaked.

We didn't have ponchos with us in December so we didn't ride Splash that night--it was chilly and I didn't want to be wet and cold.

Don't trust this. Wear a poncho if it is a cold day and you don't want to risk getting soaked. We rode in December 2010 on a very cold night. We wore ponchos. We were put in the front row, and our boat was definitely front heavy. We had 2 adults and a kid. The only other people in the boat were a skinny dad and his little boy who was smaller than DD. They weren't all the way in the back row either. The water cannons my have been off, but had we not had our ponchos on, we would have been absolutely soaked when we hit the bottom of the drop. As it was the front of DD's and my hair were wet, and a spot on the side of my thigh that I had not gotten the poncho over was drenched. What was funny was that there were people who had gotten in line behind us who I saw before we got on kind of looking at us funny and laughing at our ponchos. They got off the ride completely soaked and as they walked by us, the son pointed at us and said "We should have worn those!".

I'm not sure how much it varies, but last time I was there I rode it in the early evening when it was just starting to get chilly. I was worried about being wet for the rest of the night, so I opted to wear a poncho and turns out I probably didn't need it. I thought I might've been the lucky one in our boat, but everyone else said they were mostly dry too! If you are worried at all, I'd bring a couple of cheap ponchos just in case!

Oh and while we're speaking of water rides, at KR over at AK I got SOAKED just three days later. I risked it and thought maybe they lowered the water levels on that ride too. Umm, not so much! Luckily it WAS pretty hot and we were heading home just a few hours later!

Thanks for the advice and info for Splash and Kali.

Yes, we plan to wear ponchos and will also have a change of clothes ready just in case.

I think I have to agree with the "No poncho" school of thought. It's a water ride, and you get wet on those. If you don't want to get wet, don't go on a water ride.

Which, by the way, is the reason I DON'T go on water rides. I loathe walking around in wet clothes, regardless of the temperature. Too much like being in the Army!

We rode Splash Mountain on January 2nd of this year. This was during that span of two days in Florida where the high was 50 something and we got SOAKED! My brother's shirt was drenched to the point he had to take if off and we bought him something to wear at one of the gift shops.

I would certainly not go without riding it but I would definitely do it during the day when it's warmest outside. We decided to ride thunder mountain after that to hopefully dry off a bit. Unfortunately with it being closed the next few months it might be harder to find another ride that can do the trick.

Splash Mountain is great! :goodvibes. My last ride was in November. We were in the second row and I was sitting on the left (driver) side. I got SOAKED. :lmao:

Three years ago in January we rode it early in the day. No ponchos - I got soaked and it was so bad, I had to go back to the hotel to change. We are riding it tomorrow :banana: and I don't care what kind of looks I get - I am wearing an ugly yellow poncho from the dollar store and throwing it away after - LOL! Don't want to waste time going back to change. (it is only supposed to be about 60 degrees tomorrow during the day). I don't mind getting wet if I will dry off quickly, but not so much if the weather isn't cooperating.

I always get soaked no matter where I sit, who else is in the log with me or what time of year it is. Its a running joke in my house!

And I don't mean "damp" or "sprinkled" or "sprayed". I mean wring my clothes out and dump the water out of my shoes wet.

:rotfl:

Front row today... We got our faces sprayed good but that was about it. A little watter to the chest but nothing our jackets couldn't handle.

Canons were not on, thank goodness (it's cold).

2 things:

I've found that my rear end routinely gets wet, b/c the seats are already so darn wet. :)

I have better luck in rows 3 or 4 staying dry. I will watch, watch, watch and enjoy as we go down the last drop, then as we're in the cave/tunnel, I duck my head way down. I don't mind my hat or the top of my head getting wet, and that's usually the only part that does when I treat it this way. Plus the people in rows 1 and 2 block some of it! (You can ask to wait for row 3 or 4 by the way. I've only ever had 1 CM sigh at me for doing it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter