Splash Mountain getting lap bars

i kinda like this, actually. :confused3
Me too. I like lap bars. They make me feel all nice and safe.

Plus, if they prevent even just one person from being hurt or killed by climbing out, then they're more then worth it.

i dont like the lap bars. i love it just the way it was. with the lap bars it just takes the thrill and effect of the drop away.

I like lap bars.
I like anything that I can hold onto.
And Splash Mountain scares me mostly because I'm trying to keep myself down by wedging my feet in the corners so I don't budge when I go down.

I like lap bars.
I like anything that I can hold onto.
And Splash Mountain scares me mostly because I'm trying to keep myself down by wedging my feet in the corners so I don't budge when I go down.

me too. i always feel like i'm going to fly out.

I didn't go on Splash when I was there last time, but I'm always holding onto bars and anything that keeps me locked in. I get nervous that I'm going to fall out, so I think I'd like them.

me too. i always feel like i'm going to fly out.

Not only that, I'm also trying to make the falling sensation a little bit less scary.
The first two times on Splash I loved it. The second year I went to Disney I was so scared I had a breakdown, and I hid my face in my brother's sleeve when we went down the hill.
It's weird, I loved it, and then all of a sudden it was the scariest thing ever and it made me cry and freak out.

So something to hold onto, would definitely calm my nerves.
But byfar, Splash Mountain is so much better than Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls in Universal. From what I remember you're sitting on the seat like you would a horse (butt sitting down, legs spread to each side) and there's nothing to hold onto but a ... leather-like cushion thing in front of you. Well we all know what that sort of material is like when it gets wet. Slippery. It was like the most terrifying experience.

gah DX that's just wrong! don't try to fix something that isn't broken
edit: I just googled splash mountain, apparently its going through intense refurbishment and wont be re-opened until february 28th

to my for sm they are unnecessary. yes they would keep prople from getting out of the boats, but really the height restrictions are made to make sure you don't fall out due to being small. Plus when I ride rides with people we have a size issue. Everytime I ride BTMR with my dad, i am always holding on to the bar as tight as possible though i'm only a little loose. And when i go with my friends, they are all smaller than me so they would be loose. so for sm, definitely unnecessary

to my for sm they are unnecessary. yes they would keep prople from getting out of the boats, but really the height restrictions are made to make sure you don't fall out due to being small. Plus when I ride rides with people we have a size issue. Everytime I ride BTMR with my dad, i am always holding on to the bar as tight as possible though i'm only a little loose. And when i go with my friends, they are all smaller than me so they would be loose. so for sm, definitely unnecessary

i believe they are mostly to keep people from climbing out. its actually a pretty big issue because think of how often splash has to stop. leaving people in an area like that, not under lap bars is just asking for some idiot to climb out, get hurt, and sue disney.

true, but i still don't like them becasue some people have to deal with size differences

well the way disney lap bars typically work is that they're pulled down to a certain point (for a very small person) or for larger people, they are pulled to a comfortable level, and stop there. if someone can already fit comfortably in the ride, they shouldn't have a problem using the lap bars, since they're adjustable.

what i mean is when a person with a little extra is sitting with someone a bit smaller than them.

NOO!!!!!

You know why this makes me mad? Before, If you had a little child with you... You could sit up to 3 in your row. (It would always be me, my mom and my sister in a row) But, i'm guessing with these new lap bars, you can't do that anymore :confused3

On the plus side, although you cannot actually fall out of your log and drop.. I'm still short and countless times, I would lift out of my seat. Which was cool for me I guess, but It DID get scary sometimes.

it kinda looks like 1 bar. which would still let you have 3? i agree. we have done 3 accross alot with my little brother.

I've heard from a few vloggers that Disney was gonna ditch the lapbar idea and they are redoing the lifts inside the mountain. (But thats just what I heard.)
I kinda like the lapbars cuz when ever we go down the biggest hill I always hold onto the handel instead of throwing my arms up like I do in every other roller coster @ WDW. I'm always to afraid to let both my arms up because I feel like Im going to fall out.
But what ever disney does, I will love the ride no matter what! :)

I'm always worried with lapbars because... well. i'll admit it. I'm fat. :P
So, I'm always worried that they wont close all the way.

I think it's amazing when they work on water rides. I think about what it looks like in there while i'm riding it and what it would look like without water and with lights on.

One thing, that I wouldn't complain of... is if the new lap bars didn't smell like the cushion on the old ones. The water smells, and the cushon bar makes your hands smell...

that reminds me. i heard when they were testing kingda ka at six-flags in NJ, they had eight dummies. When the coaster came back down, there was only 3 left.

:laughing:

LOL. Not good.

Not only that, I'm also trying to make the falling sensation a little bit less scary.
The first two times on Splash I loved it. The second year I went to Disney I was so scared I had a breakdown, and I hid my face in my brother's sleeve when we went down the hill.
It's weird, I loved it, and then all of a sudden it was the scariest thing ever and it made me cry and freak out.

So something to hold onto, would definitely calm my nerves.
But byfar, Splash Mountain is so much better than Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls in Universal. From what I remember you're sitting on the seat like you would a horse (butt sitting down, legs spread to each side) and there's nothing to hold onto but a ... leather-like cushion thing in front of you. Well we all know what that sort of material is like when it gets wet. Slippery. It was like the most terrifying experience.

I'm pretty sure the drop is steeper, too... I've been on Splash Mountain before, but when I went on that, I was crying at the end of the drop I was so scared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter