Splash Mountain finale animatronics not functional

i rode it saturday. The birds on the boat were funny, one lookd like it was decapitated... the sound was off on the whole ride

Sadly, this has been the reality of Splash Mountain for some time. It's hard to immerse yourself in a ride when you're just cruising past statues... especially since you know they're supposed to move.

After BTMM, Splash should get the next major refurb to fix all these constantly recurring issues -- especially the issues with the animatronics.

It's been that way since at least September... Jumping water was broken, turtles floating in air, beehives not working, no shadow effects. So sad to see that it's still down.

I get that they may not have "parts on hand" to repair the show, but it's been like this since I went at the end of Sept...

Unfortunately, the Magic Kingdom is in a state of transition right now.

- Toontown gone to make room for Fantasyland Expansion
- BTMRR down for refurb
- Dumbo down
- Scrims all over Main Street

It is not an excuse, but with the points noted above, management cannot have another ride down even at the expense of bad show.

I feel bad for the families that booked a trip during this time frame. The Magic Kingdom is just a mess (Sorry - "in transition") right now.

If another E Ticket (POTC, Space Mountain, HM, Splash Mountain) has to go down for some unforeseen reason, especially during the Easter Break, it could get ugly.

Ron

The place does look a bit like a war zone....

i rode Splash back in december, and i dont remember i being this bad.....that final scene with the boat was just bad...never saw it like that.

Sadly, this has been the reality of Splash Mountain for some time. It's hard to immerse yourself in a ride when you're just cruising past statues... especially since you know they're supposed to move.

After BTMM, Splash should get the next major refurb to fix all these constantly recurring issues -- especially the issues with the animatronics.

Dont they work on it every year? This is what I have never understood. How can Splash be so delapitated when they rehab it every year?!?! It makes me sad.

Dont they work on it every year? This is what I have never understood. How can Splash be so delapitated when they rehab it every year?!?! It makes me sad.

When it runs for 15 hours a day non-stop, 7 days a week, 11 months a year, it's going to get run down quickly. Especially when you add the water element which takes it's toll on the animatronics which are already somewhat outdated in their composition.

There's a reason Disney hasn't done another heavily animatronic water ride since Splash Mountain. The cost to maintain and the manhours required to keep it looking good are mind blowing and certainly way more than most other rides. I read an article that said of all the rides, this one is the most labor-intensive.

Has it already gone through the rehab for 2012? It is usually in January i think.

Has it already gone through the rehab for 2012? It is usually in January i think.

It is not going down for scheduled rehab this month. It had extensive prolonged rehab last year with the anticipation it wouldn't need it again until 2013.

Just a guess, but I suspect the annual rehab is more about the specific issues related to water and maintaining a water ride -- doesn't seem like they do much about the recurring issues with the animatronics. And when they do, it's obviously a short-term Band-Aid fix.

But that's the story all over WDW. SM and BTMM are just sort of the poster children for ignoring "bad show" issues until it gets so bad it can't be ignored.

Honestly, they should be embarrassed by this. The so-called "Disney Difference" simply doesn't exist anymore. Not only do they NOT go the extra mile for the show, but the pull up short whenever they can.

It is not going down for scheduled rehab this month. It had extensive prolonged rehab last year with the anticipation it wouldn't need it again until 2013.

What a letdown. Especially for whoever anticipated it would make it through the year. Hope they get the needed part soon and fix it overnight if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter