Splash Mountain Drop

I am not a fan of drops either. I am going to give Splash a go, though! It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide... It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide... It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide... It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide... It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide...

Saying it convinclingly over and over makes it true. Right?

I am a "drop-hater" too. I love BTMRR and Space Mt. now that I have finally gotten brave enough to ride them because they don't have any real drops. The kids finally talked me into riding Splash Mt a couple of trips ago and since I had read so much about how awesome the ride, theming, etc are I decided to go for it. Well, I spent the whole ride so stressed out about the coming drop that I couldn't even tell you a single thing about the ride itself - never even got to enjoy it. As for the drop - I survived (obviously :)) but I did NOT like it and do not feel the need to ever do that to myself again!

Splash is steeper than either Space or BTMRR...those coasters are about the turns and not the drops. IIRC, the sign in the ride right before the drop mentions a 52' drop.

-Kevin
I may be in the minority here, but I think the drop on Splash is actually a little more intense for me than the drop on EE...I think it's because the drop on EE is banked.

Not that the one on Splash is all that bad-even my ride chicken sister goes on Splash Mountain.

I am not a fan of drops either. I am going to give Splash a go, though! It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide... It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide... It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide... It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide... It is really not a "drop", just a nice big slide...

Saying it convinclingly over and over makes it true. Right?
Right and tell yourself that the drop is only 3 seconds long..that helps too.:)

It took me a long time to get on rides with drops. In my late teens, I finally did b/c of excessive peer pressure from the group that I was with. I ride everything now. The build-up/anxiety is what really takes care of most people, not the drops. You will be fine. It really is a great ride. Make sure to take everything in b/c there is a lot of stuff to see throughout the entire ride.

The first time I rode Splash, it was dark and when we got to the top of the drop, I looked out and there was the castle, absolutely beautiful with all the lights on it, and I forgot that I was about to drop. Now when I ride it in daylight, I just close my eyes and that drop is over before I know it. :goodvibes

I may be in the minority here, but I think the drop on Splash is actually a little more intense for me than the drop on EE...I think it's because the drop on EE is banked.

Not that the one on Splash is all that bad-even my ride chicken sister goes on Splash Mountain.

I agree with you! I'm a chicken when it comes to being dropped. SM's drop is much worse for me than EE. EE is a more intense ride overall for sure but the drop is banked and really not that bad. SM is a straight drop. That is what bothers me. :eek: Love the ride but hate that drop. This is why I usually skip SM but do ride EE. I do ride RnR but never TT. :scared1: It's all about the drop! :rotfl:

I've never ridden Splash Mtn either but I think I am going to give it a try in October. Although I don't generally like scary rides, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Space Mtn and BTMRR so I am hoping I will love this one too! There are some videos of the whole ride on Youtube that you can watch so you can get an idea of what the whole ride is all about (I don't know how to post links, sorry). Most of the ride looks really fun and Splash seems to have such a devoted, loyal following on here that I think I have to ride it to experience it for myself. I am praying that it is not too much like TOT because I hated that an will never ride that again!

It's a pretty steep drop, but definitely worth the ride. Just scream while you go down and in 2 seconds it'll be over :)

Thank you all:) I think I will hold off until the baby is big enough to ride and then I will no longer have an excuse:)

Tip for Splash-I bring one Dry cleaning bag for each of us. Open the top-pull over our heads before getting in cab-keeps you dry-then throw away:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter