Splash Mountain Drop...Is it me or ...

Space Mountain is a whollleee other monster...Geez It was so jerky I borderline hated it . Im pooh sized and it was so jerky there were times I thought that I was going to go flying from the seat I found myself clinging to the bar for dear life! That ride needs a major refurb it needs to be a smooth ride .

What gets me everytime are the thorns that look like they are about to impel you between the eyes. That more than the drop gets me everytime.

I think it feels this way for two reasons:

The ride is going slower right before the drop, so the anticipation is more intense.

Also as someone stated earlier, there are no restraints so you are a victim of gravity more than on the rollercoasters.

:scared1: I cant DO IT i don't like that drop i don't know if its the stomach feeling or the fact there is no seat belts!!!!!!!!!:sad2:

It may be that the ride is so very sedate for so long beforehand, lulls one into relaxation?

I think, one reason it feels more intense than the same size drop on a roller coaster is because it falls in the water and not on a track (the track ends at the crest of the hill), giving you more of a free fall sensation.

What makes it so intense for me (and my husband agrees) is that whole anticipation thing...you know it's coming, but you are sitting there with all the singing animals and their cuteness just makes it worse. That being said, I could ride it all day long.

I think it has something to do with how you are not strapped in...and mental security

Thank God, in his infinite wisdom he gave us gravity so we wouldn't fly out of Splash Mountain. Then again, the log wouldn't fall either.

Slightly related. We were just in Minnesota at Mall of America this past weekend. Does anyone know the comparison of the angles for the drops of Splash and Log Chute? We were convinced Log Chute was much steeper, but maybe if we rode Splash again today we'd change that thought.

I'm a class A coward and distinctly afraid of heights. That said, I can handle the drop at the end of Splash quite well -- it's a little stomach-churning, but it's over quick, and frankly, I'm more mentally focused on how wet I'm going to get...

Those dang vultures on the ride don't help either.:scared1::scared1:

"So you're looking for a laughing place? HMMM."

I'm a class A coward and distinctly afraid of heights. That said, I can handle the drop at the end of Splash quite well -- it's a little stomach-churning, but it's over quick, and frankly, I'm more mentally focused on how wet I'm going to get...

Me too :) I am usually a HUGE ride weenie...only just did ALL the rides at WDW on my last trip (Sept 2009) I was too chicken to even try TOT prior to last Sept. Well, I must say....the drop for me was not even bad, I was more worried about how wet I was going to get! Trying to squinch myself up in that poncho so I wouldn't walk away soaked! On that note, I found the drop on TOT to be a piece of cake....I loved the up and down, it was so fun. With that said, my 14yo son HATED the drop feeling of TOT, said it makes him feel very strange in the stomach! He has told me that he won't do it again this summer :( I did enjoy Splash Mtn. and escaped relatively unscathed in the end!! :goodvibes

I must be blocking the drop mentally. I remember going on the ride and getting wet but not actually dropping. It was over so fast and I know I closed my eyes! But, I do believe it is the anticipation of the event that makes it the worst.:sick:

Those dang vultures on the ride don't help either.:scared1::scared1:

"So you're looking for a laughing place? HMMM."

HA! I love those little guys!

I think for me, it is the tunnel that you go down into after the fall....I always think I'm going to hit my head on it and slouch down in my seat, which can't be good for my back. That said, I'd ride it in a heartbeat....wish I was there now!

My wife hates the drop, but will go on it. Unfortunately, the photo isn't usually a keeper.

But now I love it and rank it in my top 3 rides. I love the music and story so I think it contributes to my liking it. Also, on a hot day, it is great to cool off and get wet!!!!!:rotfl:

The drop use to scare me, but I l love it now. The last time I road it I put my hands in the air and left my eyes open. It was amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter