Splash Mountain Drop...Is it me or ...

DisneyMama409

Mouseketeer
does the actual drop feel really intense??? Ive been on other roller coasters with steep drops but the Splash Mountain dropped felt really intense for some reason..You know that stomach dropping feeling?It felt really intense. I went on EE four times in a row and the drop looked bigger but it felt nowhere near as intense as the Splash Mountain drop. I really hated that feeling . Am I the only one? The rest of the ride was great though but the drop was'nt pleasant at all.

does the actual drop feel really intense??? Ive been on other roller coasters with steep drops but the Splash Mountain dropped felt really intense for some reason..You know that stomach dropping feeling?It felt really intense. I went on EE four times in a row and the drop looked bigger but it felt nowhere near as intense as the Splash Mountain drop. I really hated that feeling . Am I the only one? The rest of the ride was great though but the drop was'nt pleasant at all.

It's not just you. It felt really intense to me as well. The stomach dropping feeling is awful......but I am a super ride chicken:rotfl2:

You're right. It's more intense than most similar drops. EE's drop is not intense because it is curved and because you aren't rolling over a hill, you are moving straight before the drop. Splash's drop is also made more intense by the fact that you are sitting so close to the ground. Even the 85 foot drop on Jurassic Park doesn't feel nearly as intense because of the ride vehicle.

I'm with you. I think the drop at Splash Mountain is the most intense drop anywhere in the parks. I've done all the rides, and Splash Mountain is the most stomach-churning of all. Which is weird, considering how tame it's supposed to be.

I love loops, fast speeds, tight curves. But serious drops kill me.

The more times you do it, the less intense you'll find it to be. Its probably the best attraction in all of WDW, it seems sad to avoid it because the drop is scary the first time.

I do NOT do drops. I hate them with a passion. I've noticed that the drop seems a bit intense as well, but I think for me, it's mental. I work myself up because the music becomes so much more ominous and the climb is so slow. It's not just you! :)

The more times you do it, the less intense you'll find it to be.

This is my experience too.

Each time I do it, I think, "that wasn't as bad as I remember it being." Eventually, I may not even feel it all... ;)

I agree with the OP than the Splash drop feels more intense than EE..I think because of the angle and the fact that the EE drop is banked at the end, which blunts it somewhat.

I keep going back and forth on whether or not I would ever do this ride again in the future but the drop looks so harmless but the feeling is so intense it was unpleasant. I did'nt enjoy it at all and I thought there were TWO drops so after that first drop I was like Oh God not again! That was horrible I was so glad it was only that one drop . If I was on a thrill ride like at Six Flags with the mega coasters I would have expected that feeling or worse but it's very strange how the drop looks so harmless but it FEELS horrible going down like a feeling you would expect at like a 150 foot drop coaster .

My guess is the feeling you feel may be the g forces??or physics that hold you down into your seat during the drop ??

I agree with the OP than the Splash drop feels more intense than EE..I think because of the angle and the fact that the EE drop is banked at the end, which blunts it somewhat.

I loved the EE drop . I even put my hands up on each drop but I would never throw my hands up on Splash Mountain drop...It's too intense.

I agree, the stomach feeling is pretty bad during that last drop. But 3 seconds of pain is worth the rest of the ride!
Also is it just me, or does DL's drop seem more intense than WDW's?

Maybe it's because I'm a teenager, but Splash Mountain is my favorite ride at WDW. I especially love it because it's extra scary. However, I think the reason why so many find it really intense is because there aren't any real seat belts on the logs

It did come as a bit of a shock when we reached the top the first time and realised as far up we were and how steep it looks when you get there. I was very concerned for my DS who was only 4 when we first rode it. Sooo glad that he enjoyed it as I thought we would traumatise him for the rest of the break.

It never looks as bad from the bottom, but from the top is a different matter.

I understand. There are attractions at WDW such as MS that I won't do. Just don't ride splash mtn anymore if you can't handle the drop. JMO

I ridden Splash Mtn several times in the past and stopped riding it because the stomack drop did not feel good to me. I think it is a personal thing some visitors feel it worse than most. But I stopped riding it because I was able to overcome it when I was younger and now not so much. I think some of it is me psyching myself out and one day I will ride it again. I will just close my eyes at least it is quick. Which is funny because I love Big Thunder and can never ride it enough.

Especially since my family loves it and always try to get me on Splash.

I think it has to do with the fact the rest of the ride is rather tame and rather long. It gives you time to build up in your mind that the drop is coming and I think adds to the anxiety. I am not a big thrill ride person either. I haven't ridden on EE, ToT or RnRC, but did do Dinosaur, Splash and Space.

I love the Splash drop, but even though I gladly ride ToT and EE with my hands in the air I do get a littler nervous of doing so on Splash. I think it could be the lack of restraints. So maybe the fact you aren't held in makes it seem more extreme?

I did try it with my hands up, and I didn't fall out - so I guess it's safe! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter