• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splash Landings Hotel

chipndalefan

Mouseketeer
Anyone else stayed at splash landings hotel at alton towers? Ive just returned from a 2 day trip here and cannot fault it. Its not disney, but its the best themed resort in the UK. The hotel is full of intricate theming, nothings out of place. The water park is fab too, heated so we could swim OUTSIDE IN THE UK IN FEB! Great for a few days away, we really got that escapism feel you get at disney. If anything the excellent theming of the hotel puts Alton Towers itself to shame. There's also an excellent restaurant "flambo's exotic feast" which is £15.99/adult for all you can eat, another great reminder of the USA!

Glad you enjoyed your stay !!!

We've stayed at both hotels on a number of occasions.

The "Alton Towers Hotel" is also very special.

Our large family of six go most years to celebrate our eldest sons birthday and always stay in one of the many themed rooms.

The Chocolate Room & Coca Cola Room have been great hits.

However in the past my DH and I have stayed on a romantic night away in the Arabian night suite which is magical.

I agree with your comments, definatley not Disney, but somewhere close for the UK.

We love staying in both of the AT hotels. I personally prefer the AT hotel but agree that they are both great. I also love the spa at the AT hotel, very relaxing after a day in the park!! This reminds me, we need to renew our AP's soon! In 2006 we did one of the behind the scenes tours at AT. That reminded me so much of Disney too. I think I referenced WDW quite a bit to the park manager that day!!

We're going to book it for the fireworks this year. DH and I used to go there quite a bit before the girls were born and when it was only the AT hotel, I think we would prefer to give the Splash Landings hotel a go this time, so it's nice to hear good reports!

Haven't stayed at the hotel but we spent Monday at Caribe Creek which was a great day out. Loved the slides and swimming outside in Feb was a novelty. The kids loved it and were all worn out at the end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter