Splash & Dash

juju

DIS Veteran
Is anyone familiar with Splash and Dash at Aulani? 45 minute workout that is described as fun and dynamic workout using sand and water

I went a month ago. It was great. Loved the instructors. Mainly it is intervals of floor exercises and then carry a kettle bell in the ocean.

Was there for 10 days at end of Oct, had an ocean view in south wing so every morning got to watch all the fitness classes. I will say that it looked like a decent, fairly intense program; not that you would spend the rest of the day in bed, but would know for sure you just worked out. I was impressed with it being a resort sponsored activity. If I go back, will sign up.

How intense is the class? Is it suitable for someone who has not been to the gym in 2 years?

Honestly, I took a break from the water portion after one interval. I'm super out of shape these days. I liked it all but I forgot to have breakfast, feeling out of breath and I didn't want to push it. The time was during hot sun time too. So no, just do it if you are feeling athletic unless you don't mind wasting a spot. It's a very small class.I feel like they modified and perhaps even cut the class short because of me. So even tho I wanted to work out, my body just wanted to be on vacation and I listened to it. Thankful they encouraged me to as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter