Spirit of Aloha @ Poly or Makahiki Luau @ Sea World??

CarltonFamily5

Earning My Ears
Hey guys!!

So excited to be planning another December vacation! I was curious - has anyone been to BOTH of these shows who can recommend one over the other? I'm really curious, havent been to either and would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks so much!
Robin

I have never been to the Sea World one, but I vote strongly AGAINST Spirit of Aloha. it was so by far the worst dining experience we ever had at Disney, so much so that when something is bad we say "That was so 'Spirit of Aloha'".

I have only done the Spirit of Aloha one, and like dit a lot.
It isn't exactly fine dining, but we liked the food. First there was salad, fresh pineapple and pineapple bread.
Then there was chicken, ribs, rice and vegetables.
Dessert was something chocolate-y (but I had ordered a special cake).
Soft drinks/ beer/ wine are included in price.

The show... I found it difficult to understand the "story" in the beginning of the show (probably because I'm not a native Englishs peaker), but we enjoyed the music etc. Then, the last part, is what we really wanted to see: the hula-dancing and the fire-dance etc. (Hey, when we think Hawaii or Polynesia, we think straw skirts!!!!!)
Will I go back? Probably not the next time we'll be there, but I think I might go back somewhere in the future. (not order a cake at the Poly anymore though, CM when ordering was rude, they couldn't find the cake when we were there and when they found it, just threw it on the table, didn't cut/ serve it or so).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter