Spirit of Aloha Luau was a lot of fun!

Went to WDW in August and was very apprehensive about booking for the Spirit of Aloha. My fiance and I went while the rest of our family headed to the BBQ at Wilderness. It was raining off an on the whole time we were worried it would be cancelled, but the show went on even when it started lightly raining partway through.
First off the Polynesian is gorgeous! It was great to just be able to visit the hotel. Second, people were complaining about getting sat in the back after using the disney dining plan, but we were sat right up in the very front! Getting to the site was a short walk through some gardens, quick check in and seated at our table.
We never wanted for cold beer, was always offered seconds on food, and were very satiated by the end of the night. The only thing I would say was disappointing about dinner was the dessert, some weird chocolate cake/mousse.
The storyline could use some changing with the whole aunt story and her niece going off to college, but the traditional dancing was awesome to see.
We had such a great time we even bought the pictures taken at the beginning!

I love reading everyones comments on SOA.
If anyone has any pictures I would love you to share them.

We just made reservations for June.

Thanks, Lori

The Luau is always one of our family's favorite dinner shows, better than any other we have done over the years.

The show is a little bit campy, but part of what we love and the service and food is always great.

From reading reviews, it sounds like the Luau is very polarizing, either you love it or you hate it! I'm glad to see the good reviews here, it convinced me to go ahead and try it again (last time was a good 18 years ago!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter