Spirit luggage (and pillow) questions

sahoenshell1218

Mouseketeer
1. Has anyone had any trouble losing their luggage with this airline? Hubby is worried that we should pick up our own luggage when we arrive at MCO before heading to Magical Express. Any thoughts on this?

2. Also, I am contemplating bringing my toddler's pillow with us (regular size pillow) to help her sleep on the flight (and at hotel!). Will this be allowed? Would I be charged for it? Will they allow her to keep it in her seat with her or would we have to stow it? (We will be in the big seats.)

3. Oh, and last question lol, my little one is 2yo and we had to purchase her her own seat. Is there any way possible they would still let her sit in my lap (during takeoff/when seat belt light is on, etc.)? What if she were sleeping when we boarded?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

1. Has anyone had any trouble losing their luggage with this airline? Hubby is worried that we should pick up our own luggage when we arrive at MCO before heading to Magical Express. Any thoughts on this?

2. Also, I am contemplating bringing my toddler's pillow with us (regular size pillow) to help her sleep on the flight (and at hotel!). Will this be allowed? Would I be charged for it? Will they allow her to keep it in her seat with her or would we have to stow it? (We will be in the big seats.)

3. Oh, and last question lol, my little one is 2yo and we had to purchase her her own seat. Is there any way possible they would still let her sit in my lap (during takeoff/when seat belt light is on, etc.)? What if she were sleeping when we boarded?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
1) If the airline loses your luggage, it won't be there for you to get at MCO. The only advantage is you'd know earlier. However, if you let DME get your luggage, they'll start the "lost luggage procedure" on your behalf while you're on the way to the parks.
2) I don't know.
3) I'm almost positive it's an FAA regulation that kids must be buckled in their own seat during take off and landing. The only exception would be if your boarding pass shows "infant in arms" which it wouldn't. Once you're allowed to "move about the cabin" (although the seat belt light will generally stay on), you can hold her, but you'll have to put her back in the seat for landing.

A two year old must be in her seat. I have seen an airline remove a family who could not seem to live by that rule

Yes. Your 2 year old absolutely must be in her own seat for take-off and landing. The pillow is fine, although a full sized pillow is pretty large to handle; why not buy her a a smaller travel pillow? You can't hold a pillow in your lap during take-off and landing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter