Spirit Air-HELP me S. Jersey Dissers...

beachgrl001

DIS Veteran
Anyone used them out of AC? They are showing good prices. We live in gloucester co., my dad lives in cape may co. which would be closer to the AC airport (or are they about the same)?

Hi beachgrl,

We live in Monmouth County and even though we are closer to Newark, we will be flying Spirit out of ACY for the 5th time this coming summer. The airport itself is small and the whole check-in process is quite easy. The terminal is within walking distance from the parking area - there is a tram also. We have found the flight crews to be friendly and have never had a delayed arrival time. Having said that, we most likely will have next time. The one drawback would be the charge for baggage (it is cheaper if you pay for it online), and the small charges for snacks and drinks on the plane. Don't know which of the two locations you mentioned would be closer. Have a great trip!!

Peg and Bob

We are flying Spirit from AC in May. It will be our third trip flying out of AC. We fly out of Philly when we can't get good prices from Spirit. The AC Airport is actually by the Hamilton Mall just off of the AC Expressway, so it is probably just as close to you as it is to your Dad. We live in Monmouth County and take the Parkway to the Expressway. Parking is easy. We walk to the terminal in about 3 minutes. We have never had long security lines like we have encountered at Philly. It is hassle free. The planes are nice and new with leather seats. You can pick your seats online 30 days before you travel. The only downside is paying for baggage. The prices have been very good lately. Sign up for their emails so you will be notified of their sales. We are flying with my brother and his family(he lives in the Villas), We're origionally from OC, now living in Howell, so we are meeting half way too.

The total for my tix 9/10-9/17 (tax and bags inc.) would be $526 for 3ppl RT should I jump on this or wait for SW to release their dates? I have to make a decision by the end of the night:surfweb:

go for it spirit is great to fly

but beware the customer service on t he phone sucks

just make shure u type in what u want dont make a mistake ot try and change ur flight they stink on the phone

but the ac airport the flight the crew was great

scott

Hi again,

The $526 looks pretty good to me. A customer service rep told me on the phone once that trying to figure what rates Spirit maight come up with is like playing the lottery. We have a rate for 2 of $318 in July:Tues. to Tues. Booked some time ago and have not seen anything that low since. 3mickeymom's suggestion for signing up for there e-mails is a good one. I do believe you can choose your seats 90 days ahead of flight time and print out your boarding passes within 24 hours of departure. Again. have a great trip!!

Peg and Bob

It depends on how far south in Cape May County and how far north in Gloucester County you both are. I also live in Gloucester County (Turnersville)and can make it to the AC airport in about 40 minutes. I'm about five minutes, if that, from the beginning of the AC Expressway. If your dad lives in Cape May Courthouse, for example, and you're in Westville, then he is probably closer. If he's in Cape May Point and you're in the southern end of Williamstown, then you're close.

I have flown on Spirit, out of AC, several times. Never had a problem. I think parking is $7 a day now, about what you'd pay off-site at Philly, but you're right there at AC...a plus. The airport is a lot smaller...another plus. You have to pay for drinks on Spirit now (this includes soda and water) and you must pay with credit card...a minus to some. You have to pay to check bags...another minus, but if the airfare is cheap enough, you're still ahead on both points.

You got a good price. I would book it.

Good luck and have a great time! :)

Anyone used them out of AC? They are showing good prices. We live in gloucester co., my dad lives in cape may co. which would be closer to the AC airport (or are they about the same)?

I actually live in Cape May County if you tell me what township your dad lives in I can give you a very good idea of how long it will take you from your dad's! I live in lower township and it takes us apprx 1/2 hr min - 40 min max to get to the ac airport! If youre dad is closer to dennis twnsp it would only be apprx 25 min! So it really depends where he is in cape may county!middle township is the next twnsp over so it's basically the same as my drive give or take a few mins! I love flying spirit when I can the airport is so small i love it! If you purchase your bags ahead they only cost $10 as if you do it at the airport they are$20 so i'm told last year when i flew spirit I booked before the change so I was safe ! everything is ala carte no cash accepted.

We are flying Spirit from AC in May. It will be our third trip flying out of AC. We fly out of Philly when we can't get good prices from Spirit. The AC Airport is actually by the Hamilton Mall just off of the AC Expressway, so it is probably just as close to you as it is to your Dad. We live in Monmouth County and take the Parkway to the Expressway. Parking is easy. We walk to the terminal in about 3 minutes. We have never had long security lines like we have encountered at Philly. It is hassle free. The planes are nice and new with leather seats. You can pick your seats online 30 days before you travel. The only downside is paying for baggage. The prices have been very good lately. Sign up for their emails so you will be notified of their sales. We are flying with my brother and his family(he lives in the Villas), We're origionally from OC, now living in Howell, so we are meeting half way too.

Thanks 3mikeymom! I accually am signed up for their emails(and airtran AND southwest ding:lmao: ) Thats how I found out about the fare its $33 off .

go for it spirit is great to fly

but beware the customer service on t he phone sucks

just make shure u type in what u want dont make a mistake ot try and change ur flight they stink on the phone

but the ac airport the flight the crew was great

scott
Thanks scott!

Hi again,

The $526 looks pretty good to me. A customer service rep told me on the phone once that trying to figure what rates Spirit maight come up with is like playing the lottery. We have a rate for 2 of $318 in July:Tues. to Tues. Booked some time ago and have not seen anything that low since. 3mickeymom's suggestion for signing up for there e-mails is a good one. I do believe you can choose your seats 90 days ahead of flight time and print out your boarding passes within 24 hours of departure. Again. have a great trip!!

Peg and Bob
Thanks Peg and Bob, I totally agree about the roulette remark! I am on the fence as to weather I should just wait for SW to release their dates

It depends on how far south in Cape May County and how far north in Gloucester County you both are. I also live in Gloucester County (Turnersville)and can make it to the AC airport in about 40 minutes. I'm about five minutes, if that, from the beginning of the AC Expressway. If your dad lives in Cape May Courthouse, for example, and you're in Westville, then he is probably closer. If he's in Cape May Point and you're in the southern end of Williamstown, then you're close.

I have flown on Spirit, out of AC, several times. Never had a problem. I think parking is $7 a day now, about what you'd pay off-site at Philly, but you're right there at AC...a plus. The airport is a lot smaller...another plus. You have to pay for drinks on Spirit now (this includes soda and water) and you must pay with credit card...a minus to some. You have to pay to check bags...another minus, but if the airfare is cheap enough, you're still ahead on both points.

You got a good price. I would book it.

Good luck and have a great time! :)

Thanks Sharon, my son accually goes to guitar lessons in Turnersville (south Jersey music) We wouldn't have to pay for parking My DH is dropping us off and picking up(he dosent want to goto disney this year:scared1: )

I actually live in Cape May County if you tell me what township your dad lives in I can give you a very good idea of how long it will take you from your dad's! I live in lower township and it takes us apprx 1/2 hr min - 40 min max to get to the ac airport! If youre dad is closer to dennis twnsp it would only be apprx 25 min! So it really depends where he is in cape may county!middle township is the next twnsp over so it's basically the same as my drive give or take a few mins! I love flying spirit when I can the airport is so small i love it! If you purchase your bags ahead they only cost $10 as if you do it at the airport they are$20 so i'm told last year when i flew spirit I booked before the change so I was safe ! everything is ala carte no cash accepted.

Hi Goofy22, My dads house is in the villas.

Thanks again to everyone, I think for now Im going to keep playing the airfare game:surfweb: last year I had such great luck But I know with gas prices its going to be a real challenge , I will definately keep Spirit on my list of airline possibilities:thumbsup2 though!

Thanks 3mikeymom! I accually am signed up for their emails(and airtran AND southwest ding:lmao: ) Thats how I found out about the fare its $33 off .

Thanks scott!

Thanks Peg and Bob, I totally agree about the roulette remark! I am on the fence as to weather I should just wait for SW to release their dates

Thanks Sharon, my son accually goes to guitar lessons in Turnersville (south Jersey music) We wouldn't have to pay for parking My DH is dropping us off and picking up(he dosent want to goto disney this year:scared1: )

Hi Goofy22, My dads house is in the villas.

Thanks again to everyone, I think for now Im going to keep playing the airfare game:surfweb: last year I had such great luck But I know with gas prices its going to be a real challenge , I will definately keep Spirit on my list of airline possibilities:thumbsup2 though!

It is a small world after all! that's exactly where I am! From your dad's house it will take apprx 35 min no longer than 40 min that would be hitting traffic.:thumbsup2

Magic Your Way Package FREE Dining Plan

A 5-night/6-day package includes: (longer and shorter stays are available)

5 nights at a select Disney Resort
6 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket
FREE Disney Dining Plan
3 night minimum length of stay - 14 night maximum

Booking Dates:
4/07/08 – 6/22/08 - Disney VISA Card Holders
4/10/08 – 6/22/08 - Everyone

Travel Dates: 8/24/08 – 9/20/08

Prices start at:
$57 per person, per day for family of 4 at select Value Resorts (std room)
$73 per person, per day for family of 4 at select Moderate Resorts (std room)
$104 per person, per day for family of 4 at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (studio)

Booking Codes:
Magic Your Way Package plus Dining - AYG
Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining - AYI
Magic Your Way Package plus Dine with Wine - AYH
Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining with Wine - AYJ
*Offer available for stays most nights 8/24/08-9/20/08. Availability is limited and certain restrictions apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply.

We are using spirit out of A/C for the first time on 4/21. I've been excited because I've been checking the 6:30 a.m flight (which we have) for the last few weeks and it always seems to leave early, however I noticed today that is was CANCELED!!!!! Not delayed, flat out Canceled! I can't imagine why (weather didn't seem bad by me.....I'm in Monmouth Cty)! Now I'm nervous, since my flight is on a Monday morning, 2 weeks from today!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter