Spiralizer (Vegetti) recipes?

Is this the As Seen on TV Vegettti.? about $14.99? We constantly use it for zucchini. We substitute this for spaghetti. Basically whatever we add on to the spaghetti, we add it to the squash. (linguini w/clam sauce, sauce, add grilled chicken marinated in vodka sauce, broccoli rabi & sausage, etc.).

I have a device that turns zucchini into strands like spaghetti. A few days ago, I made queso by melting a brick of cream cheese, about 1/2 cup of sour cream, and about 1 cup salsa. When it was melted and hot, I stirred shredded cheese (maybe about 2 cups?) into it to melt. When it was melted, I stirred the zucchini and some leftover chicken into it to heat it all up. It was delicious and my children devoured it. Honestly though, I think it may have been just as good and maybe even better if I'd used diced zucchini.

This would have been exceptionally good with some diced bell peppers and cilantro, but it was a quick dinner that I made by throwing leftovers and whatever I had on hand together.

I make "spaghetti" with meatballs or chicken Alfredo or shrimp with garlic and butter served on zucchini noodles. I always sauté zucchini noodles in butter. DH boiled them like pasta once and they were mushy and gross. Any favorite pasta recipe just sub in the zucchini noodles. I've made this recipe a bunch of times and everyone in my family loves it http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/2013/12/mediterranean-pasta-low-carb-gluten-free-primal.html

We boiled it also a few times as suggested but not necessary!!!

I very lightly saute zucchini and put basil or tomato pesto on. I just found a greek cucumber salad that uses spiralized cucumber . Lots of recipes on pinterest-just type in spriralizer.

http://www.thisvegangirl.com/2014/12/25/greek-cucumber-noodles/

Greek Cucumber Noodles
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
For the dressing:

• 6 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
Other ingredients:

• 2 large cucumbers, spiraled
  • 1 cup Castelvetrano olives, cut into thirds
  • 1 cup tomatoes, diced
  • 2/3 cup red onions, finely chopped
  • 2 avocados, pitted and diced
  • 2 cups of spinach, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons of Cream Cheese with Chives (click for recipe), optional

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter