Spinoff Strange old things in cellar

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
So.. What's (strange/old) in your cellar?

A curious canadian wants to know. :D

We use to have a vintage WWII Motorcycle with a sidecar. It was to be a retirement project to return it to it's original condition but it turned out to be too cost prohibitive for DH. Instead it was shipped to Germany, and Ddil's father restored, and enjoys it.

Last edited:
When we moved into our house the owner left her dining room table and chairs from the 70's. We put everything in our basement and use the table for storage items. We tried to get rid of the chairs on craigslist but the person never showed up.

My uncle was a collector of junk. He had the rim from an airplane wheel. He planned to make a rope tow for his land in Maine so he could ski.

We had a house in Boston where we found old family portraits. I mean real old, like 1800s, since the house was built in late 1700s

Here if we could dig a cellar, a 100 feet from beach I think it would be salt water:thumbsup2

Our cellar is finished, so it doesn't have that musty, poorly lit "if these walls could speak" feel that many others I've been in do.

That stated, it does have two storage closets, one of which has become for lack of a better term the dumping ground for things I can convince my spouse we don't need at the moment but still might sometime in the future. That runs the gamut from really old electronic tubes (I'm talking 1940/50s vintage; we have stereo equipment that uses them - those things have long lifespans by the way) to unbuilt old model kits still in their original boxes to halloween props in various states of disrepair that may still get the hot glue gun repair treatment someday. Now that I think of it, it's not so much strange things but more arcane stuff, much of which would probably get picked up at a busy swap meet or yard sale.

We've never really lived anywhere with a cellar. There's nothing really odd in our garage, and nothing in our attic except what we've put there over the last 25 years. The only bizarre thing we've got is the auxiliary sight from an M-60 tank. (I've mentioned it once in another thread.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter