Spinoff of "Foods you thought you knew until"

maslex

DIS Veteran
I just finished that thread and I kept reading how some people don't like "burnt bacon" or "mushy veggies" or "over cooked meat".

Just wondering.....are there any foods that you like better that are either "under cooked" or "over cooked" or just plain cooked weird?

I just started eating asparagus last year. Completely avoided it like the plague. But I decided out of the blue one day to buy some and roast it in the oven. SO glad I did because it is now my favorite veggie!!! :love: I have cooked it quite a few times over this past year but one day I forgot they were in the oven and the poor little things came out crispy on the bottom, shriveled up and were so skinny, it was pathetic. DH took a couple bites and said NO WAY. I, on the other hand, now prefer my asparagus this way. Totally over cooked. So what I do now is buy extra, cook it all up (the right way ;)) and I will eat it the way it's supposed to be made but then the next day, I take the leftovers and put them back in the oven and overcook them and have that for lunch. So yummy in my tummy.

When I make those frozen veggies that you can "steam" in the bag in the microwave, I prefer those a bit mushy. My SIL makes this "dish" that is soooo damn good I just HAD to get the recipe. She tells me, "empty a few bags of mixed veggies (she uses the ones that have the broccoli, cauliflower, beans, peppers, onions, corn, etc) into a pot of water, add some butter, salt, pepper and a bunch of garlic powder and cook it to death" I was like, REALLY? It actually came by mistake one day while camping. She put the defrosted veggies in some tin foil with the butter and seasonings and left them on the fire too long. Came delicious and now she has other people asking her to bring her "veggie dish". :lmao:

Bacon I prefer really crispy. The thought of limp bacon.....:crazy2: :faint:

I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now.

Me, I like a good hard-cooked fried egg. The yolk has to be set and hot all through and the white completely firm (probably to what someone else would consider rubbery). To achieve this at home I always baste them; in a restaurant I order them "over, hard".

I like my bacon super duper extra crispy. Practically burnt. Same with french fries.

Absolutely no brown on my eggs.

I would rather a scrambled egg a little runny than have it overcooked.

I always have to ask the omelet guys to take mine out of the pan.

Absolutely no brown on my eggs.

I would rather a scrambled egg a little runny than have it overcooked.

I always have to ask the omelet guys to take mine out of the pan.

I can't stand browned eggs, but also can't stand it runny either. I find that cooking at a fairly low heat is the best way to get it cooked all the way without browning.

Generally speaking, I prefer foods cooked the way a chef would consider "correct". I'm one who cringes at the sight of a well done steak. Well done = complete waste of a good piece of meat.

Here is my secret - I love dough. Cookie dough and biscuit dough most of all, cake batter, brownie batter, bread dough, etc. I love dough more than the baked product. When I bake (because you can't just eat a bowl of dough, that would make you a crazy person), I like mine half-baked and still doughy, I take mine out of the oven before the rest are done if I can (DH teases me that mine are doughies, not cookies).

Sent from me.

I like pancakes (the European kind - so crepes really) underdone, so they are still a little mushy.

I also have to have my scrambled eggs so hard you can practically bounce them off the floor.

My Dad eats raw potato :crazy2:

Here is my secret - I love dough. Cookie dough and biscuit dough most of all, cake batter, brownie batter, bread dough, etc. I love dough more than the baked product. When I bake (because you can't just eat a bowl of dough, that would make you a crazy person), I like mine half-baked and still doughy, I take mine out of the oven before the rest are done if I can (DH teases me that mine are doughies, not cookies).

Sent from me.

I was just about to write this. I do the same thing! :thumbsup2

When I make muffins, I have the big 12 muffin pan and the little 6 muffin pan. The 6 muffin pan comes out just as soon as the dough starts rising.

My favorite thing right now is carbquick dough (think bisquick, but mine is a low-carb version). A little Atkins protein shake, some carbquick, nuke it in the microwave for just a couple of seconds and then eat with a spoon. :idea:

Burnt cheese. Oh, and I also like my bacon crispy as well. The only time I don't is when I'm making bacon and pineapple appetizers. I also like:

Brownie and cake batter
The cookie mix before adding the flour mix and chips (eggs, butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar and sugar)

Just wondering.....are there any foods that you like better that are either "under cooked" or "over cooked" or just plain cooked weird?

Yes over cooked bacon, and under cooked veggies (I actually prefer raw veggies to cooked).
Also I like meat with just slight pink, not shoe leather, but not rare either.

I like my chocolate chip cookies warm and a bit underdone. DH likes them just this side of burnt.

I looooove tougher pasta, a little undercooked. Mmmm. I also love cold pizza, but as in pizza that's been cooked but then refrigerated. I wish you could buy it from Papa John's that way. :goodvibes

burnt marshmallows. like a briquette on the outside, liquid ooze on the inside:thumbsup2

I like most bakery items well done. Bread, cookies, pizza dough etc. Same with chicken or pork. I cook them to death lol.

I like beef and lamb rare.

I like bacon limp. Crispy=burned to me. DH gets all the crispy pieces, I get the floppy ones.

I like almost all veggies lightly steamed and still crisp. One exception- LOVE southern style green beans. They are boiled until mushy, with some amazing porky meat cooked in- YUM!!

I like most fruit underripe. I hate the texture of ripe fruit- ugh, mushy!! I like peaches, nectarines, pears, and plums so hard you can bounce them.

I love cold Chinese food, much better than hot. Sometimes I will order Chinese takeout and refrigerate it overnight before I eat it. Sooo good!

Bacon is about as polarizing as cilantro! At the diners near me you can request your bacon 'well-done' or not. I hate when my bacon is so crispy it shatters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter