Spinoff:Disney Souvenir you bought & LOVED! lasted a long time, etc.

We bought some light spinner toys at Epcot for our sons during illuminations, and are blown away that they've lasted 3 years on the original batteries, with reasonable use over time.

I always get a coffee cup, got a travel mug last time and this time got a large ceramic.

Just pulled out the candy box that I got on a previous trip.

Each of our two sons filled a pressed penny/quarter book on this trip. We did a lot in Epcot - one from every country except I think China doesn't have one anymore, and a couple of countries that don't have their own machines are in the gateway gift shop.

A Grumpy plush toy we brought on our first or second trip that still looks good as new! I also got a couple of t-shirts which lasted for years. Mum threw the Finding Nemo one away because it was too small, but I still have my evil cats t-shirt :furious:

[COLOR="Green"[SIZE="5"]We just went this past September and I LIVE in my Walt Disney World grey hoodie zip up. It has a bright colored picture on the back with a lot of the characters and the Castle in the middle. On the front is Walt Disney World with the monorail and castle. I wear this more than my winter coat!!! I actually picked it out knowing I would get this much use out of it. Hoping it will last until our next trip in 2014!. :banana:

I also LOVE my free refillable resort mug. :rotfl2: I probably would have never bought a travel mug while we were there but since we already got these ones included I find I use it a ton. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Poster of the other thread here! And seven years ago, I got a jumbo stuffed Stitch (one that's about three feet tall) and it's holding up well. Although one of his ears is a little weird.

I've got that stitch, well actually my daughter now does as she has stollen it off me :rolleyes: (she's only 3 nd a half).

My other favs are my picture frames, mugs, large pasta bowls with Mickey on the inside (although hubby broke one last year so he's under instructions to find me another one this year and replace it if they still do them).

bought my eldest a lovely little Woollen hat from Disneyland Paris 3 years ago and it's got woollen pompom ears and the eyes of Minnie and is pink, has been used for both my girls and will be kept Incase we are lucky enough to have another girl as it's so cute.

Then there is our Christmas hats, hubby has a tiger green and orange one, and I have a stitch blue one, we wear them every Christmas.

We are looking forward to buying lots of great stuff this June after nearly 5 years since our last visit to disneyworld Florida (Disneyland Paris wasn't anywhere near as good). And our girls first time, we can't wait!!!! :woohoo:

I have a Mickey nightshirt that I bought in Disneyland in 1999. Still wearing it.

I bought a Tervis tumbler in 2009 at ASMu in the gift shop. I put it through the dishwasher and everything. Even has the original straw.

Those are the best, other than those it's mainly just key chains and magnets. I not huge on souvineers.

Now not from the parks but when I was teaching a parent gave me a very heavy green mug with pooh bear stuck in the tree in relief on the mug. His head sticks out one side and hie bottom sticks out the other. Thought it was lame at the time but I love that mug now and I've been using it since like 1997 or 98. Not even a chip in it.

Best gift by far didnt come from the parks, but I found a magic lamp charm for DD19 for Christmas this year. She's loved Aladdin since she was 3. We went to Disney last week as our gift to the family and EVERY character she met noticed her charm and asked her about Prince Ali! Aladdin himself loved it, but was jealous that SHE had one too, not just him! Lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My kids love the die cast racers cars and have many of them.

I love our mickey-head cookie cutter, we use it for cookies and donuts.

We also get an ornament for our tree.

I also got a massive Tink mug last October and I use it almost daily. It says "Morning are not magical" :rotfl2:

We love love love the blown glass castle we bought on Main Street! Also love the shadow box I bought with Mickey heads on it and the silhouettes done of our kids!

minnie mum said:
I've still got the stuffed Mickey Mouse that I bought in 1975. Does that count? Then there are my Disney Christmas ornaments. We buy one for every visit and I love how each one reminds me of something special from each trip. Or there's the mug my DD bought me last year. The one that says "Grandma" on it- her way of telling me that she was expecting. Oh gosh- that one just gave me a huge lump in my throat.

Yes that counts! I still have my autograph book from 1979!

My pick a pearl necklace

and

the Finding Nemo: The Musical CD. We've had it for 4 years and we listen to it all of the time. My kids can quote the cd now and sing it all day long. It warms my heart to hear my little guy (2) belting it out in the back seat. It was especially poignant when they picked up as VIP's for the show last summer.

We have a bunch of Disney stuff dating back to the 70s. It's funny how much of that merch has withstood the test of time, while some items from the past 5 years couldn't handle a few months of wear & tear.

Have a few things from my first DLR trip: 1965.

It's hard to pick one as a favorite. Certainly the Christmas ornaments are among them.:earsboy:

I love my pick-a-pearl pendant that I have had since 2009. I wear it everyday.
I also love my key chain. I love getting items I use daily to remind me of the magic.

I splurged on a dooney and Burke Disney bag and couldn't be happier. It looks brand new 2.5 years later and I get a compliment or a conversation going over it every time I wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh I would love to get a doony but it just seems so extravagent. :rotfl: I'm keeping it in mind though. :)

Clothes wise, I bought men's mickey sweatshirts, and a green tigger hoodie back in 2005 (the last time we were there) and they're still going strong) For some reason, I just liked the men's styles better.(that, and I'm pooh sized so )

momto3gr8boys said:
I splurged on a dooney and Burke Disney bag and couldn't be happier. It looks brand new 2.5 years later and I get a compliment or a conversation going over it every time I wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Same here. Though I didn't buy it in the parks bc I thought it was too expensive, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I figured if I was that crazy about it, I should just buy it. So glad I did. If you think about the per use price, it was really a great bargain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter