Spinoff: Archway Cookies

Imzadi

♥ Saved by an angel in a trench coat!
DodgerGirl's Hostess snack cakes thread made me remember Archway cookies that I used to have as a child. Archway cookies specialized in soft, chewy "homemade" style cookies. They came in a simple cardboard box, red & white label on a cellophane wrapper. One only had a few days to scarf down, err, eat the cookies before they became too hard. That's IF they weren't all eaten already.

My favorites were the strawberry filled. 🥰 And their oatmeal raisin cookies were the only oatmeal cookies I ever liked. :lovestruc

They went away for a while when the company went bankrupt. Then some other company bought the company and brought back a very limited selection. I tried one of the new cookies when all the publicity of the new company's takeover was in the news. They just weren't the same as I remembered. :( Probably in an effort to make up profits, the new company either changed the recipe or cheapened the ingredients. :(

Anyone else use to eat them? Or do you still eat them? What were your favorites?

00027500613080-G3iGxS8WXDlAApHW-en-US-0_s500.jpg
00027500030283-G3iGxS8WXDlAApHW-en-US-0_s500.jpg

00074010001234-k8lDBy8TimSzAomr-en-US-0_s500.jpg

Last edited:
Never had them.
Always been a baker.....but if we wanted a packed INE (besides Oreos), it would be Pepperidge Farm

Didn’t have them often as a child, but my parents loved the ones called Hermit cookies (which I hated). They were some kind of spice cookies with raisins, in a bar shape. Haven’t seen that particular one in years, however, the Archway brand has been around as long as I can remember, and are still available here.

I buy them once in a while. The best kind by far, IMO, is Dutch Cocoa. DH also likes regular oatmeal and Frosty Lemon.

I remember them but I didn’t know they made a return. My chain of C-stores carried them back then. I’m sure I bought some occasionally.

Aww! I rember those fondly, my grandma always had a package of the oatmeal cookies in her cookie jar when I was growing up. I haven't bought those in at least a decade and didn't even know that they went bankrupt, but now I really want some!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter