Spinoff: 100 books WE think you should read before you die

Yes! Amazing book!

I guess I'll say Pride and Prejudice. If you're having trouble slogging through it, watch the BBC mini series that stars Colin Firth. It's great to watch as a companion to the book

Very good idea! I never could make it through the book but love this movie. I am going to give this a try.

Anything that calls to you. What I recommend would be perfect, but only for someone whose tastes in reading material resemble mine. Considering that I like Harry Turtledove, Raymond Feist, Cherie Priest, and Jules Verne, you may not agree.

Personal tastes will be all over the map, but that's okay 'cause this is just for fun anyway :)

Death In The Long Grass by Peter Hathaway Capstick

Non-fiction

slightly off topic.... I keep seeing Catcher in the Rye show up in lists like these. I didn't have to read it in high school, but went through a "must read all the classics" phase about two years ago. I really really hated this book (but at least now I can say I read it!). What is the attraction for this it? Why is it so often assigned in classrooms? Angsty, self-centered, depressed teenager... I don't get it.

The book that inspired my love for reading - James and the Giant Peach - Ronald Dahl

She's Come Undone - Wally Lamb

I'll add a recent read that really touched me.

"The Fault In Our Stars"- John Green

It's one of those "OMG, this book made me cry so hard! You HAVE to read it!!" books.

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. Seriously wonderful (in all senses of the word). It sparked my love affair with both Bradbury and the 'dark fantasy' genre.

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. Seriously wonderful (in all senses of the word). It sparked my love affair with both Bradbury and the 'dark fantasy' genre.

Loved this one! May have to re read it.

I agree that every one has their own tastes in books. I read a lot of suspense, horror, & Christian Inspirational fiction.

The Same Kind of Different As Me----Ron Hall & Denver Moore
&
The Great Divorce----C S Lewis

Following this thread for some ideas! I am hoping to take a vacation soon and need to read something that is fun and NOT WORK RELATED. :)

I loved the Cider House Rules. Movie was also good.
I also loved The Lovely Bones, but the movie was awful.

As a kid The Velveteen Rabbit made me cry my eyes out, and I loved the book Mandy.

This is also the book that got me truly love reading.

My favorite book (i know lots of people hate it) has always been
The Count of Monte Cristo

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. So beautifully written and a wonderful lesson in the world of the Geisha besides a great story.

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. Just . . . wow. My jaw dropped at the end of this book. I have to imagine it was like The Sixth Sense of its day. A close runner-up would be Curtain.

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. Just . . . wow. My jaw dropped at the end of this book. I have to imagine it was like The Sixth Sense of its day. A close runner-up would be Curtain.

I'm sure I read that one. The plot is jumbled up for me at the moment with some of her other books. Coffee hasn't kicked in.

She is the queen of suspense.

I love,love,love Agatha Christie. My two favorites of hers are, The Mirror Cracked, and Ten Little Indians.

Another vote for To Kill a Mockingbird and The Foundation trilogy. Also Dune and Children of Dune. At least one Walt Disney biography.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter