• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spin Off - What was your favorite concert?

Garth Brook '97 was amazing!! I saw him twice in a week... #2 was Sawyer Brown they were awesome so much energy that was probably in '98. The most recent concert I was at would rank #3... Darius Rucker and Lady Antebellum... it probably helped we were RIGHT at the stage..

worst concert I was at because I knew none of the songs was bruce springsteen (2000)when he put out that box set of unknown stuff... We got there early and had nosebleed seats.. the "men in black" came around and offered us 2nd row seats in exchange for our tix... THAT was awesome since my friend was such a huge fan of his... but yeah... I knew ONE song the whole night...

I've seen well over 400 bands live so it's hard but here are some of my favorites:

Metallica / Guns N' Roses (1992) - I was 11 and it was my first ever show, it changed my life.

OzzFest 1998 - It was the last show all of my buddies and I went to before College, it was an amazing day of music and an even better day spent with friends

Iron Maiden / Queensryche/ Halford (2000) - It was my 2nd time seeing the greatest band of all time iron Maiden and easily my favorite, such a great show.

Iron Maiden / Dio / Motorhead (2003) - 3rd time seeing Iron Maiden and with Dio and Motorhead opening..are you kidding me? Maiden played a "Best of" set list as did Dio so it was a phenomenal show.

Amon Amarth (2011) - They played their newest Album "Sutur Rising" from begining to end then came out and played a full 2nd set of classics, the crowd was intense and the band played their hearts out.

Iced Earth / Symphony X (2012) - Two of my favorite bands of all time on 1 bill and both delivered pounding sets. Iced Earth had recently replaced what many feel to be their best vocalist Matt Barlow (who retired) with a new vocalist Stu Block who many felt could not fill the giant shoes left by Barlow, but the skeptics were proven wrong :)

Sabaton (2012) - there were less than 300 fans in the audience but every single one knew every single word, it was an amazing and intense experience

Rammstein (2012) - It was my 3rd time seeing them live but my first since 1999 when they were arrested and banned from playing in Massachusetts due to some on stage antics. They played a "Best of" set list and put on amazing show that blew me away. Plus it was my DW's first time seeing them and she had a blast.

Hmmm...the best concert I have been to would be Garth Brooks in Landover, MD...but I have been to many concerts since the early 80's. I also liked the Alabama farewell concert. I go to CMA Music Fest every June, so I get to see every major country artist in 4 days.

The other good show I was to (non-country) was N'Sync...I got to see them two different years and they were great both years.

The worst concert I have been to would be the 2nd DMB show I was ever to. I guess he wasn't "high" enough and cut the show really short.

Green Day two summers ago. They really know how to put on a concert. They are also really great with the kids, though the language isn't kid friendly - LOL! DH and I loved it, and so did DD (12 at the time).

Can't wait for the next tour.

runners up:

Earth Day concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion ('91?)- many of the acts stopped in here before they headed to the ED concert on the Mall. Merriweather was much more quiet and relaxed.

INXS with Ziggy Marley opening.....only concert where I wasn't waiting for the opening act to get done.

Bowie - Glass Spider and the one just before that(?) - it's Bowie!!!

free PETA concert on the Mall (1986) - great gathering of '80's groups....and I got to see Betty White in person!!!!

My favorite concert was just last year. My wife and I went to Britain to see a four day rock festival where her favorite band (The Cure) was playing. It was called Bestival and it's on the Isle of Wight just south of Portsmouth.

Acts included:

The Cure, Bjork, Pendulum, Fatboy Slim, Groove Armada, Primal Scream, Brian Wilson, The Village People, Grandmaster Flash, Big Audio Dynamite, Toots and the Maytals, Robyn, PJ Harvey and about 100 others on 15 different stages.

Nobody does these things like the Brits. The entire four days were just perfect, a giant party of international people out in the beautuful English countryside. I've done lots of festivals (Coachella, Lollapalooza...) and this was easily the best.

Top three, not necessarily in rank order:

1. Tanglewood, MA - Boston Symphony doing a benefit for the Musician's Pension Fund with Danny Kaye conducting.

2. Kennedy Center - Vienna Philharmonic doing Beethoven's Ninth Symphony conducted by Leonard Bernstein.

3. Carnegie Hall - P.D.Q. Bach

The first ever concert at the new Citi Field in NY was Paul McCartney and he was amazing!

I've seen Billy Joel and Elton John together a bunch of times and they ALWAYS put on a fantastic show.

Also Barenaked Ladies did a charity concert a while back with Guster, and Dido was supposed to be there but she ended up getting sick, so the whole night they made fun of her (lovingly, of course).

I'm totally jealous of some of the acts you guys have seen. My dad saw Simon & Garfunkel's Central Park concert and to this day he reminds me of it ALL THE TIME. :rolleyes:

I have to add 1 more.....

Slayer / Sick of it All / Meshuggah (1999) - House of Blues Downtown Disney ....I was participating in the Disney College Program at the time so I went with a bunch of random Metalheads I had met while down there. It was an amazing show plus Tom Araya asked "Can you believe that SLAYER is playing in the House of the ________ Mouse?" (edited out the expletive) the crowd went nuts, it was so much fun.

Maroon 5 in Indianapolis in 2010, and Taylor Swift in St Louis 2011, Maroon 5 put on the best show I've ever seen!

Let's see- haven't been to any concerts in quite a while, but these stand out as favorites:

REM Green tour, 1989

Def Leppard Hysteria tour, 1988

Foreigner 4 tour, 1983??

Elvis Costello & the Attractions small venue tour, 2004??

And, on the opposite end- the one concert I had the chance to attend and regret not going: Van Halen, 1984 tour. It turned out to be the last time David Lee Roth appeared with the band in Atlanta before they parted ways.

Bon Jovi 2 years ago for the experience of somewhat unexpectedly landing in the 3rd row, in a VIP-type section where I got to keep the chair that I sat in. Pretty cool night!

Foo Fighters this past November. They played so long that I was afraid we'd run into morning rush hour traffic! haha. That was an amazing show...and 4th row for that one :lovestruc

I see lots of concerts and am always pretty happy. It's hard to pick favorites, but those two were pretty unforgettable.

U2, 1987

It was the first time I saw them. It was the Joshua Tree Tour at Brendan Byrne Arena. I saw them again on that tour at JFK Stadium, but I prefer indoor concerts.

This is my favorite too, I saw them in Tampa.

I have 2 regrets:

Beatles and Queen. So jealous of anyone that saw them live. :thumbsup2

My favorite was the one we just went to a month ago - Roger Waters performing The Wall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter