• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spin Off.......what movie locations have you visited?

We live very close to where the "Field of Dreams" was shot. (Dyersville, Iowa)

They still have the cornfield, baseball diamond and house exterior up. (Someone actually lives in the house, so you can't go in.) We used to go there all the time on weekends to play ball and have a picnic. They have a souvenir stand up, as well.

Occasionally they have the "ghost players" walk out of the cornfield dressed in old-fashioned baseball garb and play a game or two.

ETA: I also visited the movie set while Johnny Depp's movie, "Public Enemies" was being filmed. One of the filming locations was Oshkosh, Wisconsin. My sister worked on the props crew. Part of Main Street was shut down for filming and I got to walk down it and go into the building where they were preparing all of the old-fashioned signs to be put up on the storefronts.

The movie Shag had a scene of the Sky View Drive In located in Florence, SC. I ate there often. It eventually burned down.

Awww! I love that movie!

But to answer your question, I've done numerous Hollywood tours, so I've visited many. I think it's really fun! The abd backstage magic tour is the best tour of course - but the Warner bros studio tour is really good too!

But in my home town, major league was filmed at county stadium in Milwaukee, but that is long gone now.

Back to school with rodney dangerfield, was filmed at uw- Madison where I went to college

Been to the top of the sears tower like in ferris beuller.

The mall where they shot Mean Girls and The Sentinel, at least once a month, and the office building where Tim Allen's character worked in the Santa Clause.

Played catch with my daughter on the "Field of Dreams" baseball field in Iowa.

Went to Gilley's and a ton of other movie sets from "Urban Cowboy."

Driven past the house in River Oaks where "Terms of Endearment" was filmed. Laughed that Jack Nicholson drove to the beach on the way to Brennan's. It would be 100 or more miles OUT of the way!

Been out to the water tank in Gaffney, SC where "The Abyss" was filmed.

Probably the coolest set visit I ever read happened in a desert, a long time ago:

http://www.therpf.com/f45/prop-store-first-look-location-buttercup-valley-1982-a-124726/

"Mallrats" was filmed at Eden Prairie Center in Eden Prairie, MN. I went there all the time when I was a kid.

Been to several concerts at First Avenue in Minneapolis, the club from "Purple Rain".

In "Untamed Heart" they showed the exteriors of some dumpy apartments where one of the characters lived. Those apartments were just on the other end of the 10th Ave bridge from where I lived near the U of M campus.

"With Honors" was also filmed in parts on the U of M campus because Northrop Auditorium is a near replica of the library at Harvard. To this day it makes me crazy to think one of my favorite actors filmed scenes there while I was probably a mile away and I had no idea until it was too late. :sad: They also filmed parts of that movie in Cambridge, Mass and in Champaign/Urbana, Il. When I was in both cities I made a point of trying to find the locations.

I made a point of going to Roslyn, Washington (twice) which was where they filmed parts of "Northern Exposure".

I've been to the area in Van Nuys where they film "The Office". You can just drive up and look through the fence to see the parking lot and building that serves as the exterior for Dunder Mifflin. I have been to all kinds of places out here that have been in movies/TV shows, but that was probably the only one I went to because of that reason only.

Hmm. . .just starting with my hometown, Tacoma.

I Love You to Death was shot all over here.

The house from The Hand That Rocks the Cradle is here.

Parts of The Three Fugitives was shot here.

Red Rose was shot in Lakewood, right near here.

Most of Prefontaine was shot at the University of Puget Sound here.

And 10 Things I Hate About You featured Stadium High School that's here in town. I'm surprised it hasn't been used before. It's quite amazing for a high school. . .

StadiumHighSchool.JPG

"Flesh and Bone" with Denis Quaid and Meg Ryan was filmed in my hometown. At the hotel on the wrong side of town. I was so excited when I turned 18 and could finally watch it! There is one part where they are on the a bus, and if you know West Texas, you notice that it is just looping around.

Young Guns 2- we were at White Sands one day when it was filming.

We have been to Paramount Ranch in the Santa Monica mountains a few times- where several Westerns were filmed back in the day. More recently, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and Carnivale.

I've gone to Old Tucson several times where they filmed many old western films, as well as Little House on the Prairie, and parts of Wild Wild West.

My family also went to the field and how where they filmed Field of Dreams (if you build it they will come).

I went to the park in Vancouver where they filmed the forest scenes of Twilight.

I think I'd like to see where they filmed Dirty Dancing. I did see them filming "Breaking the Rules" with Annie Potts, Justin Bateman, C Thomas Howell. If anyone saw it, they probably saw it at 4am when they couldn't sleep.
They filmed across the street at a hamburger stand in Rio Linda where we were selling fireworks for Little League. I'm not exactly sure where they were suppose to be "state/city wise" but they put fake palm trees up, changed all the pepsi signs to coke signs. Every time they went to film, we had to close the door on the fireworks booth as it is metal and cast a glare. They would yell "door close, action". Annie Potts is bowlegged and skinny. After they were done filming, they all came over and bought a lot of fireworks from us.
*Clinton, while President also got chili from that same hamburger stand. Po-dunk Rio Linda and our hamburger stand :lmao:

Wisdom-Another 4am, I can't sleep movie with Demi Moore and Emelio Estevez. Been to the 24 hour 7/11 type store in Rosevile that they killed a cop in and continually drive down the streets where they had the car chase toward the end.

One day I'm going to go back to San Francisco and see the houses where Full House filmed by the park.

In London we made a point of looking for many of the places that were used in the Harry Potter films. Of course, you see those same places in hundreds of other films as well.

In Salzburg we HAD to go to many of the Sound of music film backdrops and locations.

In New Hampshire we always took people to the beautiful Squam Lake where the majority of On Golden Pond was filmed.

Growing up in Boulder, we always had visitors who wanted to see Mork and mIndy's house (yes, I know that is TV:rotfl:) and the Stanley Hotel (not the one used in the movie but it was the inspiration for The Shining).

I have been to several of the Harry Potter places in London (not looking for them, we often just go to London for the day to shop or go to the theatre.) My parents also work on the railway where some of Harry Potter was filmed, they go to Hogsmeed station on a regular basis and the often have the Hogwarts Express steam train on their line.

When we went to LA we did the VIP tour at Universal Hollywood so we saw many sets there. My favourite was the POTC set.

just last month went to Roslyn Chapel in Scotland where they filmed the Di Vinci Code (near the end of the film)
The smaill village of Shire in Surrey, England where they shot Bridget Jone's Diary and The Holiday

hmmm...Mystic Pizza of course.... NYC,lots of stuff shot there,too many to remember..... but most memorable was when we visited the Museum of Natural History,and they were shooting Night at the Museum 2- we stopped and watched them film for a while,the kids were thrilled to shake Ben Stillers hand.....he was a very nice guy to the kids..... I'm gonna look up the Lucille Ball movie in Yosemite another pp mentioned

Edward Scissorhands was filmed in Lakeland, FL and I was living there at the time. The crazy looking shopping center where he goes to get his hair cut is one I went to shop on occasion. It still looks the same...very "60's" in style.

I also live in Polk County, and have been here MANY times..

Parts of Jumanji was filmed in the town I lived in (Jaffrey, NH) and the scene where the animals are running around the center of town was filmed in Keene NH.

Edward Scissorhands was filmed in Lakeland, FL and I was living there at the time. The crazy looking shopping center where he goes to get his hair cut is one I went to shop on occasion. It still looks the same...very "60's" in style.

Still...hoping to find "The Color Purple" house.

Where in Lakeland is that? My parents live in Lakeland and my mom loves that movie!

Where in Lakeland is that? My parents live in Lakeland and my mom loves that movie!

Its called the Southgate Shopping Center. It actually recently had some renovations done to it, but the signature arch is still in place. There is a Publix there, and a few other stores. Its on Florida Ave, closer to the southside of town.

In Dominica we went up the river in a row boat and saw where the film set for Calypso's swamp shack in Pirates of the Caribbean had been. Part of the agreement was that the area would be put back exactly as it was when the filming was over, so no remnants remain, but our guide showed us exactly where it had been. It was a bit spooky!

Potrero Road in Westlake Village, CA. Many tv shows and movies are filmed here, as well as numerous tv commercials.

I live a little over an hour away from the Field of Dreams baseball field and house, so I've been there a lot. My grandpa used to take me all the time to play catch on the field. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter