Spin off of the name change thread

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
For those of you that didn't change your name after marriage, was it difficult for you to decide what last name your children would have? I know some people that have used the mother's maiden name as the middle name for the children, some that have hyphentated the last names and some that have taken either the mother's or the father's last name.

When I was growing up, it was unusual for children to have different last names then their parents because divorce wasn't as common. Now days, I don't think that is such an issue.

We have friends whose children don't have either of the parents' last names. The dad was adopted by his stepfather when he was younger, so he has his stepfather's last name. However, later in life they had a falling out, so when his children were born, they were given his birth father's last name. His wife kept her maiden name.

DD and I have the same last name, and I told DBF that when we get married, I do not plan on changing my name. He was fine with that. We don't plan on having children together, so my DD will have my last name, and his kids will have his.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter