Spin off: My 2 y.o. LOOKS 3.5 - will we have a problem?

MrsTink04

DIS Veteran
My just-turned 2 year old looks every bit 3.5 (off the height charts since he was a year old) Will they question us? Should I take his birth certificate? It's posts like the one below that make me nervous. We are NOT trying to abuse the system, but I am afraid we will be questioned because some people do.

I have the same question. My son is 2.5, but he talks like he's 4. Everyone in the grocery store hears him having these conversations about insects and pteradactyls and they think he's 4-5. We don't have a copy of his birth certificate and we leave on Saturday. Do you think we'll have a problem?

If you ask him, he'll tell you he's 2 and his birthday is July.

No, you won't have a problem. Disney sees plenty of tall almost three year olds - and the vast majority of them are really not yet three. Disney is not in the business of accusing their guests of lying.

We took our DD14 just before she was 3 and she was a big kid (over 10 pounds at birth and just kept growing!) We took her BC just in case, and while we were not asked for it, the piece of mind in having it was worth it. I say it can't hurt to throw a copy in your bag It isn't like it is going to weigh you down and it may make you feel more relaxed.

OK - I just called them - they will take your word for it. Mine just turned 2 in December so he is a pretty "new 2", but he also has an extensive vocabulary and speaks very clearly...on top of the fact that he is soooooo tall!

We were at Disney the week before my oldest son turned 3. He too was very big for his age and I was concerned about having issues as well. I brought his birth certificate with me just in case and it was never necessary for me to pull it out. I don't think you'll have any trouble, but it doesn't hurt to have proof as a back up.

We went 5 weeks before my DD turned 3. She is really big and was tall enough for splash. thunder mountain etc. We were never questioned about her age which is just as well as I never thought about taking her passport to the parks with us.

If I may add to this thread. I too have a big and well spoken 3 year old. We went this past november (three months before his third birthday) and no one even gave him a second look (at the turnstiles). Now for some more good news. Since my son was so big he was able to ride everything but RNR and everest if I remember correctly. His favorite ride was Test track. I think we did it three or four times. So my advice to you is enjoy not having to worry about parent swap or splitting up your group. He still enjoyed the wee lad rides but I found it so cool to enjoy some of the Big kid rides with him.

I took my then 2 1/2 yr. DD to the parks and had no trouble. She is very tall and has a wonderful vocabulary and speaks very, very clear. I was a bit concerned as well, but after being reasured on these boards that no one would question her I relaxed a bit. We were NEVER questioned once the entire time we were there.

I think I was freaking out so much becuase my DD was going through a stage where she was saying she was older than she was. She would tell people she was "4" or "3" when she was only 2! I didn't want that hassle at WDW! Luckily, she grew out of that phase just in time.

I agree with the consensus on not to worry about it. We took our 2 year old DS and he has always been a whopper. He rode all the big rides also- Tot, Splash, etc... and no one ever questioned his age. I loved not having to worry about whether he would be big enough to ride stuff with us. The one big plus of having a larger-than-average kid.:banana:

I had someone question my daughter when she was 2 years 3 months, she is very tall too. I just told them her birthdate and that was then end of it, but then the next trip she was turing 3 literally 2 days AFTER we left. I took a birth certificate that trip, but was never questioned.

You won't have a problem, we were never asked about our 2 year old. I did and still travel with a copy of the BC anyways, it just makes me feel better having it with. Usually some of the airlines are more interested in the "proof" of age when traveling. I just fold it up and put it in the holder with my ID, no big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter