Spin off....head table at wedding

Spinoff from another thread that mentioned having a head table at a wedding. Are head tables common? I haven't seen a head table at a wedding since the 80s. These days it's a sweetheart table for the bride and groom, and the bridal party sits with their spouses, family, etc. Just curious if it's a regional thing (I'm in NJ), or is that head tables are making a comeback? I'm past the age of being a bridesmaid, so I don't have to worry about it! Just curious what states people live in that do head tables, and if they ever do sweetheart tables in those regions?

The only weddings I have ever been to that did not have a head table were the very informal picnic/potluck ones. Every formal wedding had a head table, never seen a sweetheart table. I'm in CT.

I had a sweetheart table in 2008. we had about 5 round tables for our guests and they were happy where they sat.

We did a sweetheart table and it was a much needed break for us to really spend time alone together + then the wedding party didn't have to sit separately from their spouses etc.

We did a sweetheart table and it was a much needed break for us to really spend time alone together + then the wedding party didn't have to sit separately from their spouses etc.

I see you are new here and just joined today. I don't know why you are searching out wedding threads on the Community Board--but please check dates; this is the second in a row that is MONTHS old that you have bumped up.

There is actually a separate Wedding board on the DIS which would have current threads you can comment on if you want.

I see you are new here and just joined today. I don't know why you are searching out wedding threads on the Community Board--but please check dates; this is the second in a row that is MONTHS old that you have bumped up.

There is actually a separate Wedding board on the DIS which would have current threads you can comment on if you want.

I guess I don't really see anything wrong with bumping a thread that is less than 6 months old, especially a wedding one where planning sometimes takes a year or more.

As for the question, the last wedding we went to was 2 years ago and the bride and groom had a sweetheart table. It was the first time I had seen it done that way. I'm probably old fashioned but I've always liked the look of a head table. It's nice being able to see the entire party at one table, and usually the bridesmaids lay their bouquets along the front for decoration.

Spinoff from another thread that mentioned having a head table at a wedding.

Are head tables common? I haven't seen a head table at a wedding since the 80s. These days it's a sweetheart table for the bride and groom, and the bridal party sits with their spouses, family, etc.

Just curious if it's a regional thing (I'm in NJ), or is that head tables are making a comeback?

I'm past the age of being a bridesmaid, so I don't have to worry about it! Just curious what states people live in that do head tables, and if they ever do sweetheart tables in those regions?

The only weddings I've ever been to that did not have a head table were picnic potluck type weddings, where everyone was sitting at picnic tables or on lawn chairs.

I've seen the sweetheart tables on tv shows, but never at an actual wedding. I am going to a wedding next month, so maybe I'll see it then, but it will be a first if I do.

I'm located in CT and have never been to a wedding outside of New England/NY/NJ. Maybe its a regional thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter