Spin classes

shannonetherton

How to avoid defeat when truth and fiction meet, t
Okay this may be my strangest question yet!! On my last trip I was WAY too late to sign up for the spin classes offered in the gym. Does the gym open as soon as folks start boarding. I am training for a triathlon and I cannot take a week off or I will pay dearly for it!! (those of you on my trip won't belive that when you see me! I am as short stocky thing!) Also does anyone know if the bikes have clips? thakns
Shan

I would like to know this as well. I am also training for a tri and can not lose any training time either. I want to do the castaway cay 5k also. Does anyone know if on the double dip cruises do they run it twice? Good luck with your training.

smmast I want to to that too but it will be Christmas morning and there is no way I can hop out of my bed and miss Christmas hoo ha!! I am only training for a sprint but it is a big deal to me!! I am actually doing an indoor in a few weekends. It sounds like a lot of fun with out having to get in nasty water for the swim!! I was a Junior Olympic swimmer but I hate the run. I wish they would just let me swim twice!! Good luck!
Shannon

Definitely sign up for spin class on the first day. They should have the pages out on a table, I think last time they were on a clipboard. The spa (and the gym) are open when you board, they usually open at noon for spa tours and to take reservations.

IIRC, they had the LeMond Revmaster bikes (I only remember this because they have them at my gym). So, those would have the clips.

If the classes are full you can still show up a few minutes before it starts. Many times people don't show up for a workout class when they are on vacation! :rotfl2: If the class ends up being full you can always stay and run on the treadmill or find something else to do.

It's funny, on some cruises you can hardly find a spot in the gym, and on others it is a ghost town. You never know how busy it will be. :confused3

Are the classes included or is there an extra fee?
Is there a place that I can see what classes they offer before I board?

TIA! :goodvibes

Are the classes included or is there an extra fee?
Is there a place that I can see what classes they offer before I board?

TIA! :goodvibes

There is no extra fee for spin classes or for other group fitness classes. I don't think they post an official schedule beforehand but if you can find some recent Navigators from the same itinerary, you can get an idea of the class offerings.

The gym/spa are definitely open early embarkation day so stop by and sign up then. There will be staff in there trying to sell personal training sessions, etc. Visiting the spa the first day is a tradition for us. It's the only time the kids get to visit and they love it!

And also mind they sometimes call them a diff name, I cant mind what though, but I nearly missed them.

Do the bikes have straps as well? I am not a clipper, never liked the thought of being clipped in??? I want to keep this up while away too.

Linda

The spa will be having open hours with sign up for all classes starting as soon as you board. You can sign up for the spinning classes then.

As others have suggested, there is a 1/3 mile running/walking track on deck 4, a 5K run on Castaway Cay, treadmills and other gym equipment in the fitness center, etc. One of the trainers used to lead a run on the track every morning (not sure if that still exists...too early for me).

I'll be on the Magic in 2 weeks and I'm thrilled to see that they have Spin classes. Anyone have any more recent info on the classes? I spin 2-3 times a week and hope that these classes will be a decent workout for me. Do they usually fill up? Is there more then one class per day? Are the sign ups on the first day for the duration of the cruise? ....I need to decide if it's worth it to me to make room in my suitcase for my spin shoes!

I also see that there are sculpt and tone classes. Any feedback on these?

Does anyone know if they offer Zumba onboard? I love Zumba and this would be the only thing that would motivate me to work out on a cruise ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter