• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spilt trip w/WDW

pumpkinfish

<font color=blue>Clothing Expert and Magic Giver o
We are heading to WDW in October for MNSSHP/F&WF. DH and I are discussing adding on a few nights to go to US/IOA for parks and HHN. We haven't been to US/IOA in about 7 years nor have we been to HHN. We are also planning on staying onsite which we have never done. Our possible dates are flexible...basically we want to stay at WDW for 7 nights and US/IOA for 2. Currently set for WDW 10/21-10/28.

Should we go before or after WDW? I was thinking pushing up our WDW stay a few days so we don't have to use weekend DVC pts as much...maybe 18-25 and then go US/IOA 25-27 w/HHN on the Thursday the 25th.

The other idea is the exact opposite: check in at US/IOA 18-20 and then move to WDW.

What are your thoughts...I want to pick a good time for HHN as well knowing full well the weekends are busiest times supposedly.

Make sure you Stay and Scream for the HHN. We did that and were able to see 4 houses before they let the masses in and it rapidly got too crowded to be fun after that. And to top it off, we were the first 2 people through one of the houses and that makes such a diff - you have no one screaming in front of you to let you know something's coming up (sort of spoils it).

We have tried it a both the begining of our trip as well as at the end. We seem ro like to do the US/IOA portion of our trip at the end better. The reason being that it is much easier for us to tour those parks than WDW. We can go at a slower pace with FOTL and just relax our last few days.

Make sure you Stay and Scream for the HHN. We did that and were able to see 4 houses before they let the masses in and it rapidly got too crowded to be fun after that. And to top it off, we were the first 2 people through one of the houses and that makes such a diff - you have no one screaming in front of you to let you know something's coming up (sort of spoils it).
Thanks for that advice, I am making notes as I go through this process. I read to hang out at Finnegans during that time while they clear the park so that's the game plan for now on whichever night we choose.

We have tried it a both the begining of our trip as well as at the end. We seem ro like to do the US/IOA portion of our trip at the end better. The reason being that it is much easier for us to tour those parks than WDW. We can go at a slower pace with FOTL and just relax our last few days.
Do you think the HHN crowds would be worse the closer to Halloween? But I guess if we do HHN on Thursday nonetheless it's the lesser of two evils.

Also, what are typically the AP discounts on HHN tickets? Are they only offered certain nights like with MNSSHP?

Also, what are typically the AP discounts on HHN tickets? Are they only offered certain nights like with MNSSHP?

the ap discount for hhn tixs are the best.
great deals.

it is the best way to go!

you'll find out when the ticket prices are released.
you have a choice of type of tickets to buy.
tickets that cover certain dates at the beginning of hhn season/ tickets w/ epp included/ tickets for non peak nights, tickets for hhn only, no epp included, tickets that are date specified, etc.
each set has ap discounts.

i have been doing split stays with the motherland and the darkside since 1993.
once the darkside hotels went up, i started booking resort stays there.

i always feel that i am on two different vacations on the long trip.

i always start with the motherland.
i stay about 8 days, 10 nights in the past years, and am really tired when that portion of my vacation is over.
i stay at the resorts and up early and to bed late.
commando style.......:laughing:

then i switch over to the darkside hotels for about 9 nights.
now is when i start to relax and have a laid back vacation.

i am completely and totally addicted to HHN.

i like to do that in the last portion of my trip.

you will get spoiled with the hotel perks.
you don't wait in long lines as you use the express lines for rides and attractions.
you get EE for parry hotter.
you walk a LOT less at the darkside compared to the motherland.

no busses are necessary!!!

i like starting my vacation at a fast pace then slow it down for the last part of it.

i know i would never change the order of my stays at the resorts.
motherland then darkside.

the ap discount for hhn tixs are the best.
great deals.

it is the best way to go!

you'll find out when the ticket prices are released.
you have a choice of type of tickets to buy.
tickets that cover certain dates at the beginning of hhn season/ tickets w/ epp included/ tickets for non peak nights, tickets for hhn only, no epp included, tickets that are date specified, etc.
each set has ap discounts.

i have been doing split stays with the motherland and the darkside since 1993.
once the darkside hotels went up, i started booking resort stays there.

i always feel that i am on two different vacations on the long trip.

i always start with the motherland.
i stay about 8 days, 10 nights in the past years, and am really tired when that portion of my vacation is over.
i stay at the resorts and up early and to bed late.
commando style.......:laughing:

then i switch over to the darkside hotels for about 9 nights.
now is when i start to relax and have a laid back vacation.

i am completely and totally addicted to HHN.

i like to do that in the last portion of my trip.

you will get spoiled with the hotel perks.
you don't wait in long lines as you use the express lines for rides and attractions.
you get EE for parry hotter.
you walk a LOT less at the darkside compared to the motherland.

no busses are necessary!!!

i like starting my vacation at a fast pace then slow it down for the last part of it.

i know i would never change the order of my stays at the resorts.
motherland then darkside.

You bring up a valid point about starting with fast-paced and ending with slow-paced. If that's the case, we should start w/US/IOA and end w/WDW. We aren't commando at WDW at all any more. In fact, this last trip in Feb. was A-MAZING! I feel DH and I have finally found the best touring plan for WDW (much like you have for US/IOA I'm sure)....it only took 15 trips ;).

So I was only planning on buying one AP to use for discounts and then picking up a 2/2 ticket. Will one AP be able to supply discount for 2 HHN tix? Sounds silly as I type it but I'm really trying to narrow down my US/IOA budget.

DH and I are used to park-hopping. We got the US/IOA hopper which allowed us to go between parks, but is this really needed? I can see us spending a full day at IOA and half a day at US (with the remainder doing HHN). If I need to do 3 day ticket I will. I guess I just need to discover the best touring strategy (as far as parks and fitting in HHN).

Thursday: early check in, go to HP, go back to resort and relax/pool, head to US around 2 and do ride/show, eat at Finnegan's, do Stay & Scream and HHN.
Friday: early IOA for HP again, do all rides, go back in afternoon for pool and relax
Saturday: check out, go back to US for rides/shows, leave US/IOA and go check in at BWV.

Does that sound right?

When we do both parks, Usually end with Universal. Same reason as other stated, Slower pace, less hassle. As for HHN, loved it a few years back, Gets ridiculously over crowded at times now, takes the fun out of it. You difinaly want the stay and scream.

So I was only planning on buying one AP to use for discounts and then picking up a 2/2 ticket. Will one AP be able to supply discount for 2 HHN tix? Sounds silly as I type it but I'm really trying to narrow down my US/IOA budget.

DH and I are used to park-hopping. We got the US/IOA hopper which allowed us to go between parks, but is this really needed? I can see us spending a full day at IOA and half a day at US (with the remainder doing HHN). If I need to do 3 day ticket I will. I guess I just need to discover the best touring strategy (as far as parks and fitting in HHN).

Thursday: early check in, go to HP, go back to resort and relax/pool, head to US around 2 and do ride/show, eat at Finnegan's, do Stay & Scream and HHN.

thursdays are great for hhn.
crowds not bad at all.
do all the rides before the park closes at 5:00.
if you are in line, you will be able to complete that ride.

if you do not enter finnegans by 5:30, it can be a wait for a table.
many go to finnegans to eat prior to hhn.

Friday: early IOA for HP again, do all rides, go back in afternoon for pool and relax

sounds like a good plan!
Saturday: check out, go back to US for rides/shows, leave US/IOA and go check in at BWV.
another great day of plans!

Does that sound right?

with your ap, you can buy 6 hhn tickets for that night.

i prefer park hopping at the motherland and at the darkside.

if one park is too crowded, move to another one.
or at the darkside, if you want to catch a specific show at the studios, go hang out at ioa and return in time for the show at the studios.

i use the short cut by HRC, (walk in front of BMG) when that is open to cut back walking time from one park to the other.
if you see a TM at the opening checking tickets, that means you can use this short cut.

i like to break my day up and park hop at UO.
when i do parry hotter and then hit some rides and the sinbad show, i'm ready for a change.
i hit boulangerie for lunch and then hop on a few rides at the studios.

i also like the feel of the studios early morning.
this is the one time you can do a lot of picture taking 'without all those cousins' in your shots.

i like it in the early afternoon when peeps are leaving to go back to ioa.

i change the way i do the parks each year.
since i go solo, i decide at the last minute of which park to hit first and when to leave for city walk to eat.

be sure to be inside the park by 4:45 on the night you plan to do hhn.
the metal detectors go up by 5:00.
if you are not in the park by then, you will be refused entrance.
you will have to stand in that long line outside the gate until the park officially opens at 6:30.

that is why most do the stay and scream section in the park.
you get a head start on the event when security gives the all clear that the park is empty.

You bring up a valid point about starting with fast-paced and ending with slow-paced. If that's the case, we should start w/US/IOA and end w/WDW. We aren't commando at WDW at all any more. In fact, this last trip in Feb. was A-MAZING! I feel DH and I have finally found the best touring plan for WDW (much like you have for US/IOA I'm sure)....it only took 15 trips ;).

Does that sound right?

Sounds pretty good. I am sure you can purchase additional HHN tix, I think maximum 6. Mac should be able to confirm this.

I'd get park 2 park tickets, always do!

Cheers!

Marquibiri
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter