• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spiders are EVERYWHERE!

Spiders have always freaked me out big time. My MIL was bitten by a brown recluse last week while she was driving down the road. She's been in the hospital since Friday.

I HATE SPIDERS. The other day I was skyping with a friend who lives out in Washington when a (what I consider to be huge) spider came spalunking down into my lap. I flipped the freak out; threw my laptop across the room where it landed just in the perfect position for my friend to see me shrieking like a mad woman, jumping up and down, and throwing random objects at it. If it hadn't been so god awfully terrifying it might have been humorous...or tragic.

If you kill off all the spiders and other beneficial creatures by massive use of pesticides, that just lets the invasive/damaging insects multiply and spread.

I can't even google any remedies like I do for EVERYTHING else, cause all the pics of spiders would freak me the heck out!!!

Note to self: NEVER go to Jamaica!

:thumbsup2 I have pretty much written off Australia for the same reason - a friend of mine married an Australian, and on her first trip there with him a ginormous huntsman spider crawled out of one of the vents in the car while they were driving. It crawled right back in and couldn't be found so she made her husband stop and buy bug spray so she could sit and aim it at the vent for the rest of the drive. Honestly, if that were me, I probably would have launched myself out of the moving car. She also said that the spiders there are big enough that they sometimes set off the motion detector on her in laws' security system. :scared1:

:thumbsup2 I have pretty much written off Australia for the same reason - a friend of mine married an Australian, and on her first trip there with him a ginormous huntsman spider crawled out of one of the vents in the car while they were driving. It crawled right back in and couldn't be found so she made her husband stop and buy bug spray so she could sit and aim it at the vent for the rest of the drive. Honestly, if that were me, I probably would have launched myself out of the moving car. She also said that the spiders there are big enough that they sometimes set off the motion detector on her in laws' security system. :scared1:

My in-laws lived in Australia for a few years. My MIL tells a story of looking up in a barn's rafters and seeing a spider with its legs WRAPPED AROUND the beams! :Shudder:

Two suggestions: RAID, and move north. There's a reason I enjoy our cold winters so much, and it has NOTHING to do with skiing and ice skating! A spider the size of a nickel (legs included) is considered "big" in my neck of the woods. We occasionally see one slightly bigger, but never inside the house! A spider the size of a quarter would totally freak me out :scared1: !

Two suggestions: RAID, and move north. There's a reason I enjoy our cold winters so much, and it has NOTHING to do with skiing and ice skating! A spider the size of a nickel (legs included) is considered "big" in my neck of the woods. We occasionally see one slightly bigger, but never inside the house! A spider the size of a quarter would totally freak me out :scared1: !

This. Ew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter