Spiderman meets in the parks and DCL?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Is Spiderman still meeting in the parks since the Sony announcement? My DD is obsessed and we were planning a fall trip/cruise with Spidey as our main objective because he cannot be met in FL and we cannot make any of the Marvel Days at Sea cruises work!! We planned on meeting Spidey in DCA for sure and then again as a bonus on the cruise, but I am thinking he will be removed from both by October--am I right?!?

my understanding is that the Sony issue only relates to movies ... that in-park experiences should still exist and continue as planned.
but I am no authority, just repeating what I have heard.

That’s my understanding as well. I also think they will come to an agreement and it’s all being a bit overblown in the media at the moment...

That’s my understanding as well. I also think they will come to an agreement and it’s all being a bit overblown in the media at the moment...

I agree. The positive is that there isn't / wasn't a film in immediate preproduction, so there's plenty of time to hash things out which is far more likely to happen than both sides leaving things as they are.

Spidey is a large part of the MCU & both sides benefit from having the characters in there.

There isn't even a script or release date for the next film, so there's plenty of time to reach an agreement.

Yay! My daughter is VERY happy to hear those opinions!! We absolutely agree that removing him from Marvel would be horrible and hope an agreement can be made sometime soon! Her big draw for a Disneyland trip was Spidey and the other Marvel characters!!

I have teenagers and the Spiderman meet and greet at DCA was the highlight of their trip last week. He spent a ton of time talking to the 3 of them and was totally in spunky/talkative character. The line moved slow, took about 45 minutes to get through but oh, so worth it! And the photopass pictures were priceless!! There are Marvel characters all over in that area at all times of the day as well, so if she loves Marvel, she will not be disappointed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter