• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spice road

married2mm

DIS Veteran
yay or nay?

And if it's a positive-will it make a difference attending lunch or dinner time?
(Especially during food& wine)

Don't want main courses-just side dishes & dessert.

Yay. We've eaten there twice for lunch and the food and service are both good. I've only ever gotten apps and dessert and they were fine with that. Drinks are good too! I was just disappointed on our last trip that they took the greek salad off the menu :(

side dishes were better than the mains during our visit. spice road is along the water, so you could try to book about 90 minutes before illuminations and you might wind up at a table with a view.

Definitely a YAY! Spice Road is always our first stop each and every trip since it's opening. I love small plates and the original menu offered more choices, but that being said there are plenty of solid choices. And you can do splitting the entrees if you choose.

Harissa Chicken is probably the family favorite. The lamb slider is also very popular with my son and we agree. The lamb sausage is a little spicy and i love the it usually order two. Mussels and Shrimp dishes are also fantastic. We also get the calamari on a regular basis.

The omelette and Brie are the only apps we haven't tried.

Guess it is easier to just say we haven't found anything on the menu that I didn't like. The lamb rack is good and could be split if you choose to.

As for drink this is the only place I never consider alcoholic drinks, WHY - I love the mint tea that much and it goes so well with the food.

Walked in for lunch in August during a downpour. We were a party of 8 and got one of every small plate item and then seconds of a couple of them. The ladies got sangria and the fellas got Moroccan beer. We got 2 desserts and shared them. It was really good and we want to add it to our must do list.

Thanks guys for input so far.

If not looking for an illuminationsish (newly created word!) time;
Would you recommend a specific ADR time-
or is this a restaurant with a good chance of walk ups available
or choose on the morning of our Epcot eating day?

yay or nay?

And if it's a positive-will it make a difference attending lunch or dinner time?
(Especially during food& wine)

Don't want main courses-just side dishes & dessert.
Unless it's a weekend, when F&W has long lines at the kiosks, why bother with an ADR?

If you're enjoying F&W, then you might be a 'no-show' and have to pay the fee.

But we enjoy Spice Table.

A place that doesn't require ADR's is the Wine Bar in Italy. Also serves small plates - and wine!

We had an ADR during the first weekend of F&W, and there seemed to be quite a few empty tables during illuminations. We ordered 3 or 4 small plates and some sort of alcohol flight.

Big thumbs up for Spice Road Table especially during Illuminations the view is excellent (even better with a pitcher of sangria) I think it is actually the best restaurant in Epcot and you really never need a reservation :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter