• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SPH stateroom #5520

aloha,
We like staying forward of the ship. The SPH are the only place we like to book. The walk seems long but it is great exercise after eating all the wonderful food.
Best thing it is quiet not to many people walking by. We just like to stroll through the hallways an enjoy the walk and meeting new people along the way.
We are on vacation. We are just enjoying the quiet stroll. When you get to the fountains on deck 9 it's just so noisy. Then i realize that once I get to deck 5 it's quiet again. AAAAAh peace and quiet on my leisurely stroll back to my SPH.

aloha,
hawaiian mickey

Tolemommy, there are only 6 SPH rooms on the Magic and Wonder so very often those rooms are gone pretty early when booking opens up. Or if you get lucky like we did, someone cancelled and I happen to spot the room one day when I was just looking around the website and peeked at the rooms still avaliable on our cruise date. So ask when you book, you never know.

How do you check the available cabins for your cruise??? Do you have to try and make a dummy reservation and check each category? or Is there a way to see all the available cabins at once???

I'm excited for one of these staterooms on the Baltic cruise - and the walk to get a Coke is a good thing for me - I have no children to keep supplied, and the walk will help keep me from getting much larger on cruise food and mojitos.

I'm excited for one of these staterooms on the Baltic cruise - and the walk to get a Coke is a good thing for me - I have no children to keep supplied, and the walk will help keep me from getting much larger on cruise food and mojitos.
I hear there is a rock band in your stateroom on the cruise before you, I hope they don't trash it too badly, lol:thumbsup2:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao:

How do you check the available cabins for your cruise??? Do you have to try and make a dummy reservation and check each category? or Is there a way to see all the available cabins at once???

Yes, you just do a dummy reservation on your cruise date to see what is avaliable. I have done this several times to see if I can get a better room location wise in my catagory. This mostly will happen on the final payment date, last chance for people to cancel their cruise.

Where are you doing the dummie ressie for DCL where you can view if a stateroom if availalbe? Are you going through DCL website? Thanks in advance. Cruise newbie here. Will be booking a 2011 Disney cruise for my sister and I within the next week.

We had 5520 on the March 11th 3 night! We loved it! We wanted it for the 7-night Mexican Rivera cruise, but ended up with the connection room next door and hoping for a cancelation.... not so excited about the connecting room factor, but worth it to save money and have the SPH!!!

We have only cruised once and in room 5520 and did not have a steamer trunk... so what is it???

Thanks!

We had 5520 on the March 11th 3 night! We loved it! We wanted it for the 7-night Mexican Rivera cruise, but ended up with the connection room next door and hoping for a cancelation.... not so excited about the connecting room factor, but worth it to save money and have the SPH!!!

We have only cruised once and in room 5520 and did not have a steamer trunk... so what is it???

Thanks!

It is like a chest of drawers only different. It is designed to look like an old steamer trunk which is standing on its end. The lid is then a door and it has shelves inside rather than drawers.:goodvibes It's located at the foot of the bed in a little recessed area in the wall and it provides a good storage solution for a lot of your folded clothes or whatever. We have sailed with and without them. While I missed the extra place to put things away in 5520 the floor space / walkway around the end of the bed felt greater without it.:confused3

I actually have #5520 booked for our cruise in Feb. I know they are now listed as a category 10A. All of the SPH rooms for our cruise are booked (at least they were last time I checked) so i do think they might usually book fairly quickly.

Just to give you an idea - to pay the price for an actual oceanview stateroom on deck five for my cruise would be an additional $400. So they are a pretty good deal in my opinion :) you are paying the inside deluxe price but getting an oceanview cabin.

Have fun!

I actually have #5520 booked for our cruise in Feb. I know they are now listed as a category 10A. All of the SPH rooms for our cruise are booked (at least they were last time I checked) so i do think they might usually book fairly quickly.

Just to give you an idea - to pay the price for an actual oceanview stateroom on deck five for my cruise would be an additional $400. So they are a pretty good deal in my opinion :) you are paying the inside deluxe price but getting an oceanview cabin.

Have fun!

That would be $400 pp on our cruise. Well, technically it's $400 more for the 1st two adults and then $249 for our DS for a total difference of $1,010 for the 3 of us. This is comparing to a Cat 9A. The Cat 9B's & C's would be less of a difference but they are on decks 1 & 2.

The SPH rooms typically DO book really early... Out of the 5 people participating on my meet thread so far there are 3 of us that are booked in the SPH cabins! I was on a diff. Med cruise for awhile and the others on that thread were also booked in the SPH cabins. We are indeed the early birds!:goodvibes

Where are you doing the dummie ressie for DCL where you can view if a stateroom if availalbe? Are you going through DCL website? Thanks in advance. Cruise newbie here. Will be booking a 2011 Disney cruise for my sister and I within the next week.

Yes, what you do is go through the DCL website :surfweb:, put in the date you want to cruise and what catagory you want to book, it also allows you to put in an exact room number to see if it's avaliable. When you pull it up you will see all the avaliable rooms in that catagory. I believe the SPH rooms are cat. 10A now. Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you!:hyper:

we just left room 5520 on Sunday! Great room, very roomy, love that you pay for an inside stateroom, but have use of the porthole!!! You'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter