• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spg?

scanmom

DIS Veteran
I am an SPG member. I wantto book a room at the Dolphin, and found a better rate on Expedia than on the SPG website. Can I get points if I go thru expedia, or will SPG match their price? Anyone know?

no points thru expedia - you would have to ask SPG if they will match prices. It should be on the website if they do.

Hi,

We're SPG members too. All you have to do is call SPG and tell them you found a cheaper rate available to the general public (not AAA or group discount) and they will match the price. There's also some kind of 110% guarantee, but it involves already having your room booked thru spg then if you find a cheaper rate they'll match it and give you an additional 10% discount.

Anything that is on your folio when checking out (room, food, spa, drinks, movies etc) are eligible for points accumulation in you spg account. We got all our points when booking thru AAA with discount. Just double check when you get there and at check out that they have your spg # recorded on your folio.

Hope that helps.

Liz:hippie:

no points thru expedia

Your best bet would be to call spg directly. Make sure you take note of who you spoke with in case of any discrepancy. SPG admin is really good about following thru when there is a problem.

They'll probably be more then willing to match the price of Expedia without any queston as to whether or not your eligible for points on the stay and it'll be most convenient for you from the beginning.

Liz:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter