• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spent 5 hours in my track shoes this morning.

ogreenlee

<font color=green>i surely didn't want to have to
My feet hurt so bad when I got home.

I'm definitely going to have to hit the store for more Crocs or something before we leave. I think I would have been more comfy in my Chuck Taylor's.

How do you folks do it?

They're Saucony's and made well. They're broken in b/c I use them at the gym, but I'm never at the gym longer than a few hours tops.

I couldn't imagine doing Disney in anything other than my tennis shoes. I have a lot of feet and back problems so finally we went to Dicks and had somebody recommend a good standing/walking shoe. I've always wore adidas shoes everyday of a disney trip.

This year I was told that Nike Pegasus was actually much better for standing and walking. Which I've worn them for 8+ hours standing at work over the summer at walmart.

I think my feet would hurt more in crocs all day. No support there for my poor feet or back.

My issue was more with the tight fit over my foot. I like room around my feet.

Keen Venice H2! I have 4 pair in different colors and wouldn't even think about doing Disney in anything else. They are great on my problem feet....high arches, plantar fascitis, high instep and heel spurs. No foot pain, no leg pain, and no back pain.

Can you tell I love my Keens?? :dance3:

I've always done Disney in flippies....but then again I'm from Florida, we live in sandals lol

I'm fine with flip-flops, but since December's weather will be so unpredictable.. I need to make sure I'm good for warm and cool weather.

Keen Venice? I'll have to check those out.

I have a wide foot. I had a kind of wide foot, then wore Birks for 10 years, which made them wider (i swear it did), and then pregnancy.. holy mackeral. I couldn't wear any of my shoes that I could wear pre-pregnancy.

I have become hooked on Reebok walking or running shoes. Have gotten a new pair each year (for about $35 at the outlet mall), and rotate them until they wear out. My oldest pair still in use are about 5 years old. I wear them all day, every day, so my feet are used to them, but one thing I did find is, they do much better if I get a size 11-1/2 EEEE wide instead of a 12 normal width.

I used to wear Saucony's when I was walking the dog - 2 miles a day. They fit fine then.

But then I wore them to Disney and sure was glad I had my New Balance tennis shoes with me too because the Saucony's didn't hold up well at all with all that walking.

I decided it was the way they fit. It was fine for shorter walks but not for really long ones.

Now I just use my New Balance tennis shoes, every once in a while my Keen Venice H2's if I don't mine having my pedicure messed up (for some reason I always end up with black on my toes after wearing them) and my river rafter sandals who I can't remember makes them right now. I got them years ago.

I got out my red micky crocs today-getting ready for our trip in 20 days:banana: They are obnoxious but oh so comfy. They also seem to keep my feet warm if the nights get chilly (I don't wear socks)

My MIL went to a Crocs outlet. Buy one get one free.

I bought her some two years ago and she wears them nonstop! lol

I have some of the regular old style and some mary janes, but I'd like to try on some other styles. They're not nearly as obnoxious when you're wearing them with pants/jeans. :)

I have Crocs flip flops and a Mickey pair, but I don't think they are the best for the parks. On one WDW trip we were walking along the Boardwalk, and they had hosed it down for cleaning. With the Crocs it was like walking on ice:eek: I had to hold DW's hand to keep from falling like I was some little old man.

I'm wearing Ecco shoes now. They aren't cheap, but they are very comfortable and can be worn for long periods.

I still take my Crocs to WDW, but they are more for in-room and short walks around the resort.:earsboy:

i have croc flip flops! :) i've actually worn them out.

I like wearing flip flops. I hate when my feet get hot, so I don't really like runners. I hope it's warm enough to wear flip flops though when I go this week!

I tried crocs last time and they weren't that comfortable after an hour or so. I have Asics kayano 15 and I was a little scare because I never walk as much and so often before I went to Disney but I was so happy when I walked all day everyday and my feet were happy. I never got blister and never really even broke in the shoes :).

I must agree with someone up post. On a past trip I bought a pair of cross trainers which were tight fitting. I thought this would be advantageous. By the end of the first day "BLISTERS".:scared1: Had to suffer through the rest of that trip and I found all the Disney first aid centers and they were great about helping with bandaids and such. On all other trips I used a good sneaker but a little looser in fit with alot of support.:goodvibes I try to use newer shoes so the support is still there.

I love my Croc Caymans and Cleo (sandals). I wore them every day during our last trip. I just bought a new pair of Cleos for our trip in May.

I also confess to having bought a pair of Keen open-toe style shoes. I'll have to take a few long walks in them before I go to see if they are worth bringing.

In WDW it's not about fashion- it's about comfort.

Gigi

I love my Crocs flip flops - but as somebody said, when they get wet your foot slips easily in them.

This summer I finally replaced my old running shoes. My feet had grown a full size since I last bought running shoes. My toes are so greatful for the larger size. Maybe your shoes are just too small.

I take Teva Dozers for wet days and Croc Caymans for dry days and travel. I also have Dr. Scholl's heel and arch supports I wear in both, with socks. I may not be a fashion plate, but I was blister free my last trip and my faschitis was only a problem until I put on my Crocs in the mornings. That first step in the mornings is a bummer, though. I'm doing a lot more heel, foot, and achilles stretching exercises, hoping to minimize that issue on my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter