Spending my birthday in Disney! Oct 2010 PTR - UPDATED 10/11 TR STARTED

Booking the airfare always makes the trip seem so "real" (Probably because of the non-refundable tickets!) :laughing:

Great that you've got the minivan, especiallly for your US day!

And I love your VB... so pretty! I may have to drink the cool-aide... ;)

Kathy

:rotfl: That's exactly what I said! I told Kris now he's stuck with me until at least October!

The VB bags are super cute and I had no idea what they were until I signed up for the DIS. The retired patterns are on sale! ;)

Wow!! I got a little behind!! Sorry!!

Man, I can't wait for the day I try Jet Blue!! I was so sad because I totally remembered that Southwest and JetBlue have the first bag or two free but totally forgot when booking!! Even though those ones were a little more expensive, they were cheaper after checked bag cost!! :headache: But please let me know how you like Jet Blue!! That's so exciting!!!

And YAY for renting a mini-van!! Looks like we switched this time--I'm relying 100% on Disney transportation this time as you know and that scares me a bit!! I hope you enjoy having your own vehicle down there!! That'll be nice!!

When is NKOTB again? That's so exciting!! BSB is nearly a month away...yippee!! :woohoo:

OH MY GOSH...never mind what I said about close prices. Though I don't remember what Jet Blue was back then at all...I just double checked prices to compare what I got to whats current and some flights were still available at around the same price as I got (around $300), and Jet Blue was nearly $700!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

Wow!! I got a little behind!! Sorry!!

Man, I can't wait for the day I try Jet Blue!! I was so sad because I totally remembered that Southwest and JetBlue have the first bag or two free but totally forgot when booking!! Even though those ones were a little more expensive, they were cheaper after checked bag cost!! :headache: But please let me know how you like Jet Blue!! That's so exciting!!!

And YAY for renting a mini-van!! Looks like we switched this time--I'm relying 100% on Disney transportation this time as you know and that scares me a bit!! I hope you enjoy having your own vehicle down there!! That'll be nice!!

When is NKOTB again? That's so exciting!! BSB is nearly a month away...yippee!! :woohoo:

OH MY GOSH...never mind what I said about close prices. Though I don't remember what Jet Blue was back then at all...I just double checked prices to compare what I got to whats current and some flights were still available at around the same price as I got (around $300), and Jet Blue was nearly $700!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

:scared1: I think the flights for Jet Blue are so cheap around here because JFK is there main headquarters. T5 is what they call it. There are like 20 flights a day to Orlando out of there! I will definitely let you know how I like it. I'm planning on tweeting from the parks so if you have twitter, follow me! Or join!

We wouldn't be getting a van if we weren't planning on going to IOA. I'm so used to Disney transportation and DME that this will be different. I like that we're going to have it so that way we can just drive ourselves over to the resorts for dinner instead of catching buses everywhere! Jellyrolls here I come! ;)

NKOTB is on SATURDAY! :woohoo: And next Friday..and June 18th. :lmao:

:scared1: I think the flights for Jet Blue are so cheap around here because JFK is there main headquarters. T5 is what they call it. There are like 20 flights a day to Orlando out of there! I will definitely let you know how I like it. I'm planning on tweeting from the parks so if you have twitter, follow me! Or join!

We wouldn't be getting a van if we weren't planning on going to IOA. I'm so used to Disney transportation and DME that this will be different. I like that we're going to have it so that way we can just drive ourselves over to the resorts for dinner instead of catching buses everywhere! Jellyrolls here I come! ;)

NKOTB is on SATURDAY! :woohoo: And next Friday..and June 18th. :lmao:

That makes sense that they are cheaper because their headquarters are there. I still don't get why they are 3 times as much as other flights from here though. Are they that nice? It just seems insane? I don't think there is any way an airline could be so nice that I would pay that much more when there are way cheaper choices!!

I do have a twitter I never use but I can follow you!! Can you update your fb from your phone? Because I get all those on my phone! lol

OH MY GOSH girl are you going to all 3 of those shows? I know you love them...but wow. Can you have your NKOTB boys tells my Backstreet Boys to come visit me that often? Thanks. :rotfl:

Hi girl!! How are you?!?:) I came across your thread and just sub!:goodvibes

Yay for a Disney vaca' coming up for you! Trust me it will go fast we had to postpone our trip from October 2009 due to me starting my new job and the economy and were leaving this Saturday May 22!! 7nights at POP! Can't even wait!!!!:woohoo:

Hows your job?! I am really working hard to get into AAA or Liberty Travel---every area BUT my area places such as King of Prussia PA,Harrisburg,PA,New Jersey ALL over haha,New York etc. Just not the Lehigh Valley!

If you want PM me and update me about how your doing and any suggestions or advice :) Also you gotta tell me more about the expo you did and the Disney rep and how she got her job lol !! Thats exactly what I want to do too.. get out there and do expo and shows etc.

Anyways I'm onboard for your PTR!:surfweb:

That makes sense that they are cheaper because their headquarters are there. I still don't get why they are 3 times as much as other flights from here though. Are they that nice? It just seems insane? I don't think there is any way an airline could be so nice that I would pay that much more when there are way cheaper choices!!

I do have a twitter I never use but I can follow you!! Can you update your fb from your phone? Because I get all those on my phone! lol

OH MY GOSH girl are you going to all 3 of those shows? I know you love them...but wow. Can you have your NKOTB boys tells my Backstreet Boys to come visit me that often? Thanks. :rotfl:

I don't know why it's so much money by you. It's MUCH cheaper to fly Jet Blue here than say Continental. :confused3

I can update from my phone to fb but I'm unsure of how to send pictures. I know how to do it from Twitter.

I'm lucky that I live in between two big cities, NYC and Philadelphia. Much more concert opportunities around here! There's those two cities plus Atlantic City and there's a concert venue 5 minutes from my house. BSB is playing here in June!

Hi girl!! How are you?!?:) I came across your thread and just sub!:goodvibes

Yay for a Disney vaca' coming up for you! Trust me it will go fast we had to postpone our trip from October 2009 due to me starting my new job and the economy and were leaving this Saturday May 22!! 7nights at POP! Can't even wait!!!!:woohoo:

Hows your job?! I am really working hard to get into AAA or Liberty Travel---every area BUT my area places such as King of Prussia PA,Harrisburg,PA,New Jersey ALL over haha,New York etc. Just not the Lehigh Valley!

If you want PM me and update me about how your doing and any suggestions or advice :) Also you gotta tell me more about the expo you did and the Disney rep and how she got her job lol !! Thats exactly what I want to do too.. get out there and do expo and shows etc.

Anyways I'm onboard for your PTR!:surfweb:

Hi! How have you been? I've been well. Work is starting to pick up a bit now, we're getting into our 'busy' season. How is your job going? You can PM me if you want to :)

So excited you're leaving for Florida so soon! :goodvibes I hope you have an awesome time!

I really want to get into working for Disney too. I need to ask the rep how she got into it. She's much friendlier than our old rep. I don't know how you can work for Disney and not be friendly. :sad2: But she was!

Sorry I haven't popped over here in awhile! Love the VB hipster! Isn't it a great bag?! I'm also on Twitter (but not very often). I'd love to get some live updates!!!

Sorry I haven't popped over here in awhile! Love the VB hipster! Isn't it a great bag?! I'm also on Twitter (but not very often). I'd love to get some live updates!!!

No problem! :) The hipster is super cute. Not too big but big enough to fit all my essentials in. I won't have to cram stuff into it like I did with the mini-hipster! I'll give everyone my twitter info as the trip gets closer. I don't use Twitter that much but my "tweets" are protected. I'll unlock everything when I go to Disney!

Hi Jen! I hope you had a great weekend and your week is going well. :goodvibes

Hi! Thanks, I did have a good weekend. My friend's birthday was Saturday and her parents own a bar, so they threw a party for her. It was a lot of fun. Needless to say I was exhausted Sunday and didn't do much :) How was your weekend?

Hey, Jenny! I am glad I am not joining in so late. Your plans sound great so far. I love the dress!! So cute. Great Vera bag. I am bringing "Make me Blush" to Disney this trip, lol. I love all of the new summer bags.

Hey, Jenny! I am glad I am not joining in so late. Your plans sound great so far. I love the dress!! So cute. Great Vera bag. I am bringing "Make me Blush" to Disney this trip, lol. I love all of the new summer bags.

Hi Lynn! Haven't seen you around in awhile, welcome back :) Tell me stories of SSR and it's awesomeness lol. VB sent me a postcard for Make Me Blush when I ordered my bag. Cute! I love pattern I got even though it's "retired." :)

Hi Lynn! Haven't seen you around in awhile, welcome back :) Tell me stories of SSR and it's awesomeness lol. VB sent me a postcard for Make Me Blush when I ordered my bag. Cute! I love pattern I got even though it's "retired." :)

I love SSR. Congress Park is my favorite. I love the view of DTD and the walk over there. It's awesome. OOh and I love that the fitness center is open 24 hrs. LOVED that! The food court is really good. I like the flat breads.

A lot of the retired Veras are really cute.

I love SSR. Congress Park is my favorite. I love the view of DTD and the walk over there. It's awesome. OOh and I love that the fitness center is open 24 hrs. LOVED that! The food court is really good. I like the flat breads.

A lot of the retired Veras are really cute.

Congress Park is what I requested! I hope we get a view of DTD from our room but if we don't, no big deal. Good to know the fitness center is open 24 hours. :thumbsup2

Tomorrow I will be headed up to Foxwoods to see my boys! (For those of you who don't know, that means NKOTB. I'm a huge Blockhead :rotfl: ). We scored VIP tickets to the afterparty and I GET TO MEET DONNIE WAHLBERG! I am freaking out and don't know how I'm going to last another 5 hours at work. I'm way too excited and drank too much coffee on top of that so I'm bouncing off the walls and practically skipping around the office. I'll probably post a mini-TR of my trip within this PTR so I'll try to take as many pictures as I can. :) Have a great weekend everybody!!!!

I'm gonna meet Donnie Wahlberg, I'm gonna meet Donnie Wahlberg!

Hi!

Just found your PTR - we're going to WDW in Oct as well. You're plans look good. We won't be going to HP but I'm looking forward to hearing all about your plans.

We also have a mini-van reserved through Hertz. Alex works for them so he gets a great discount and we have it for the week for a little over $300! :thumbsup2 It'll be nice to have it so we don't have to rely 100% on Disney transportation; plus we're planning a day in Universal and it will come in really handy for that!

Just a suggestion - if you can get a discount on a rental from your home area to the airport, drop it off there and then pick-up another one for the ride home you won't have to pay for parking and your car won't have to sit in long term parking. It worked well for us on our trip last year. Also having the car at home made the house look occupied. It all depends on how much parking costs and how cheaply you can get a one way rental.

We stayed at SSR last October and although we love OKW it wasn't available for our stay. We had requested Congress Park so we would be close to DTD but when we checked in around 5:30pm there weren't any rooms available over there. We were given the Grandstand area. Not a bad walk to the main buildings/dock. We didn't use the bus system but we were right next to the last stop in the loop but weren't bothered by any bus noises. The room was very nice (but we only had a studio).

I'm going to have to check out the Vera bags (it looks very cool).

HI JEN!! I am SO happy that I found your PTR! I read your TR when you went on the cruise and loved it! Your Vera hipster is awesome! SCORE on the 50% off :woohoo: Also, love your cover up! I am ordering one too, just love it!

Anyways, I am excited to follow along. Join my Christmas PTR if you would like!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466251

Can't wait to read more about your plans popcorn::

Tomorrow I will be headed up to Foxwoods to see my boys! (For those of you who don't know, that means NKOTB. I'm a huge Blockhead :rotfl: ). We scored VIP tickets to the afterparty and I GET TO MEET DONNIE WAHLBERG! I am freaking out and don't know how I'm going to last another 5 hours at work. I'm way too excited and drank too much coffee on top of that so I'm bouncing off the walls and practically skipping around the office. I'll probably post a mini-TR of my trip within this PTR so I'll try to take as many pictures as I can. :) Have a great weekend everybody!!!!

I'm gonna meet Donnie Wahlberg, I'm gonna meet Donnie Wahlberg!
I think this post calls for some :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:!!!

I can't wait to hear how it is!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Hi!

Just found your PTR - we're going to WDW in Oct as well. You're plans look good. We won't be going to HP but I'm looking forward to hearing all about your plans.

Just a suggestion - if you can get a discount on a rental from your home area to the airport, drop it off there and then pick-up another one for the ride home you won't have to pay for parking and your car won't have to sit in long term parking. It worked well for us on our trip last year. Also having the car at home made the house look occupied. It all depends on how much parking costs and how cheaply you can get a one way rental.

We stayed at SSR last October and although we love OKW it wasn't available for our stay. We had requested Congress Park so we would be close to DTD but when we checked in around 5:30pm there weren't any rooms available over there. We were given the Grandstand area. Not a bad walk to the main buildings/dock. We didn't use the bus system but we were right next to the last stop in the loop but weren't bothered by any bus noises. The room was very nice (but we only had a studio).

I'm going to have to check out the Vera bags (it looks very cool).

Welcome!

That is a good idea. I'll have to have Alex look into that to see how much it would cost. If it's less than what we'd pay for parking, we'll go for it! Thanks for the advice. :)

I'm looking forward to SSR. I'd never really thought about staying there before but when the opportunity came up and it was either there or OKW, I jumped at SSR because it's so close to DTD. I love trying out new resorts and hope to have stayed at every resort on property eventually! :)

The Vera bags are great! They're comfy and they hold everything you need without being TOO big. They have a lot of great patterns too!

HI JEN!! I am SO happy that I found your PTR! I read your TR when you went on the cruise and loved it! Your Vera hipster is awesome! SCORE on the 50% off :woohoo: Also, love your cover up! I am ordering one too, just love it!

Anyways, I am excited to follow along. Join my Christmas PTR if you would like!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466251

Can't wait to read more about your plans popcorn::

I remember you! :) Glad you found my PTR. I loooove my Vera bag. I'm trying to save it for the trip but I know I'll end up breaking it out this summer. :rotfl:

I'll definitely be joining your PTR!

I think this post calls for some :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:!!!

I can't wait to hear how it is!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

It. Was. AWESOME. I had so much fun. I'll post about it soon. I haven't uploaded the pictuers yet, just to facebook but maybe I can link them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter