• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spending Money, How much to bring?

lcboysfan

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone I'm a newbie here and I am finally able to take my family to Disney this year for the first time. My wife has been there a couple of times as a Kid but I'm sure alot has changed so it will be like her first time as well.
Not to ramble on but we have a Reservation booked for 7/20 thru-7/27:banana: at the Wilderness Lodge with Dining Included and I was wondering what amount of spending money would be suitable? My wife and I already have 3000$ budgeted. Is that too much? I know it's a case by case basis but I would like your opinions on this.

Thank you

Hello!

My DH & I have gone for the last 2 years with our children and have brought the same amount of cash. We let the kids trade pins, expensive, we ate 2 great dinners without the kids, we did 4 character meals and we had enough money.

Some of the character meals took more than 1 meal ticket so we ended up paying for food towards the end of the trip.

The more the better i always say and what we dont spend we bring home :) Since you have dining included id say 3000 is more the enough... Think about it this way what else will u be buying? Money for Tips, Alcoholic drinks, and soulveniers thats it really :P

We budget about $25 a day for spending money. This is for snacks and maybe a couple ssouvenirs during the week. 2 adults. .

herc.

I think 3000 is more than enough, especially when you are not the dining plan. I think we spent maybe $500 our first trip and probably less than that our second time; both were 7 days trips, 2 adults, 1 child. We did bring some stuff from home though like bottled water, snacks, breakfast foods, glow necklaces, lightup toys, etc. that DD already had that I didn't want to buy again there.

Plus, you can just charge everything to your room if you don't want to bring cash.

With the dining plan, both times we had a ton of snack credits leftover to bring home treats for family & friends, like Mickey rice crispie treats, cookies, etc.

Have a great trip!

I think $3000 for 7 or 8 days would give you a very relaxing trip. You wouldn't have to worry much about overspending your limit.

But in regard to souvieners be prepared... most of the attractions exit through a store. So depending on the ages of your kids you could be "asked" to buy alot. Just give some thought to how you want to handle that... one or two things per day, a certain $$ amount per day, etc. If you want to buy something everytime, great! Just so you know what you'll be 'walking into'.

You've got a great budget. You will be able to do a lot of great things and not have to worry. If you don't spend it all you can always use it to book your next trip. LOL

WOW! $3000 is a lot of spending money when your food is already taken care of. Honestly, we've taken $100 (yes, one hundred dollars) for spending money and had a great trip (and that was with 3 children). We buy our tshirts, hats, etc., at home and they are a whole lot cheaper (even at the Disney Store).

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter