Spending Money for Disney World

relaxgirl03

Earning My Ears
Hello! My husband and I will be in DW first week of September.... We have our room, park tickets and Deluxe Dining plan all paid for. We cannot figure out how much we will need for extra spending money, though. We know a very expensive day will be at Universal Studios (taxi to & from, meals, park tickets, etc.) but as far as while at DW we wonder how much to bring. My guess is $1,000. Anyone have better advice for of we'll need more or less than that??! Thanks!

Unless you just like buying souvenirs, you may not need that much since you have the dining plan. My "extra money" went to mousekeeping, tips, and buying bottles of water while at Disney. I did consider paying for the kids to ice skate at Wandering Oakens, but they decided not to do it.

Universal will be an expensive day (but lots of fun!) The bottled water there is $4/bottle (compared to Disney's $2.50). Also, check Dreams Unlimited for tickets that include the roundtrip transfer via Mears. We bought our tickets through there and everything (including the transfers) worked perfectly without any errors.

Looks like you have everything covered. I think $1000 is more than enough unless you plan on loading up on Disney merchandise. :earsboy:

I feel like I will want some DW merchandise for my nephews & nieces... Okay, and maybe something for me!! How much does merchandise run, on average??

Just based on Downtown Disney stores and not the parks, although I feel it's probably fairly comparable, merchandise can be as inexpensive ($3-4 for a Mickey PEZ dispenser) to as expensive ($1,000's for artwork) as you want it to be.

I'm not willing to pay Disney prices for some things, such as the $13-$14 Mickey Waffle refrigerator magnet, but will splurge on an item or two for DS. Two things I felt were reasonable at DTD were a Jake the Pirate Lift the Flap board book for $9 and a Doc McStuffins CD for $7-8. That book has been very loved and the CD can entertain a toddler when we are stuck in traffic.

I guess it's all in how you value the items. If you want to save on souvenirs, I understand that there are several shops outside of Disney property that offer better pricing on similar items. I'm sure someone else will contribute that information.

I'm not willing to pay Disney prices for some things, such as the $13-$14 Mickey Waffle refrigerator magnet.

I'm going back to DW at the end of Oct and was looking forward to buying the Mickey Waffle @ pretzel magnets. Now that I know it's $14 I am so disappointed! Will not be spending that kind of money just to stick on the fridge. Lol

Plush runs between 15-30, shirts 15-40, magnets and little thing anywhere from 3-20... not terribly expensive but it all adds up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter