• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Speed Demons- WISHERs hopefully bound for Boston aka the BQ goal thread

Dave- Had a good race. Finished in 42:11, which was good enough for 771 out of about 60K, so I couldn't hope for much more than that given how bad the hills were on miles 4-5. Not a PR, but solid with the heat and humidity. My legs are definitely tired from all the training lately. They feel far from fresh. Hopefully I can get them underneath me in time for the Chicago Half later this month.

I hope it is okay to resurrect this thread. While it is a few years old, I remember reading this before I ran my first marathon thinking how cool it would be to one day run Boston. A little background here....I am an older runner (started at age 57) and grew up cheering and handing our orange slices to the runners at Boston on Patriot Monday. My first marathon was part of the Goofy Challenge in 2013 and it was so much fun! I then proceeded to run the Dopey Challenge this year as my second marathon and came within 7 minutes of a BQ! I made this my goal for 2014 and yesterday I managed to run a 13 minute PR and qualify for Boston by almost 7 minutes. Thanks to all the inspiring stories on WISH and for letting me share my little story. Can't wait to toe the line in Hopkington April 20th, 2015!

Thanks Kim. I see you are registering for Avengers.....we will miss that one this year. Too hard to get out to the west coast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter