speculation re: Harry Potter expansion - possible Ministry for Magic?

PLEASE no more harry potter! i am one of the few that hates it!

it's one area we stay away from..

I saw this in the USPTO patent applications a couple weeks ago. It stood out to me because it talks about a ride to simulate the illusion of teleportation on riders. It mentions Harry Potter as an example but also mentions other science fiction and fantasy stuff like Star Trek. I see that it uses something like an elevator with multiple motions in multiple directions. If Universal was securing this for HP, it would probably be very hush hush.

http://www.google.com/patents/US20130045811?dq=teleportation+ride&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8EJJUZjiJO-_2QXz74HwBw&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAA

The gringotts queue will have an elavator portion ala haunted mansion, mib

That technology would make a good elevator like in the Minstry for Magic, or a connection to the flue network.

I don't recall an elevator in Gringotts. I guess they could add one, there's no cannon saying Gringotts doesn't have an elevator.

I also doubt a 3rd expansion. What I was thinking was either:

a) the Gringotts coaster is a cover story, just misdirection. I think this is less likely than b).

or

b) Gringotts is an indoor coaster like the mummy as expected, but the elevator would be used in a separate Ministry for Magic ride, maybe a smaller one similar to Olivanders (by that I only mean a low capacity attraction, no specific similarities to Olivanders).

or now,

c) a flue connection to the Weasley's burrow. Just a flue (elevator) ride, then you get to walk around the Weasley's. See, it's not in London, you couldn't locate it there but it is accessible by flue. Or maybe Grimauld Place.

I like C) connection by flue powder to the Burrow. It could be a walk around attraction like the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. :goodvibes

That technology would make a good elevator like in the Minstry for Magic, or a connection to the flue network.

I don't recall an elevator in Gringotts. I guess they could add one, there's no cannon saying Gringotts doesn't have an elevator.

I also doubt a 3rd expansion. What I was thinking was either:

a) the Gringotts coaster is a cover story, just misdirection. I think this is less likely than b).

or

b) Gringotts is an indoor coaster like the mummy as expected, but the elevator would be used in a separate Ministry for Magic ride, maybe a smaller one similar to Olivanders (by that I only mean a low capacity attraction, no specific similarities to Olivanders).

or now,

c) a flue connection to the Weasley's burrow. Just a flue (elevator) ride, then you get to walk around the Weasley's. See, it's not in London, you couldn't locate it there but it is accessible by flue. Or maybe Grimauld Place.

We never see how the kids get from talking to the teller to the actual vehicle to get to the vault. I imagine this is going to be the elevator ride that we take. The elevator is apparently part of the queue before you pick up your 3d glasses and board the ride vehicle.

We know the ride is Gringott's. We've seen leaked photos of the tellers' desks (not available any more).

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?4925-Wizarding-World-Phase-II-Discussion

Become a member over at Orlando United. Lots of good info over there.

Well, c) would be reasonably low operational cost/high appeal. Too bad I guess.

I also had an idea for an interactive, outdoor activity I posted a few years back.

Like the Jedi Academy outside Star Tours, why couldn't they have an introductory magic class, or an audition to get into Hogwarts on scholarship, etc? pixiedust: And if some masked Death Eaters should show up to "deal with" these muggles, what then? :scared:

When my own DD trained as a padawn, it was a great, vicarious thrill for me. Though I think she should've sold out to the dark side, she never would. :confused3

It'd be a great thing for the USF HP expansion, IMHO.

Well, c) would be reasonably low operational cost/high appeal. Too bad I guess.

I also had an idea for an interactive, outdoor activity I posted a few years back.

Like the Jedi Academy outside Star Tours, why couldn't they have an introductory magic class, or an audition to get into Hogwarts on scholarship, etc? pixiedust: And if some masked Death Eaters should show up to "deal with" these muggles, what then? :scared:

When my own DD trained as a padawn, it was a great, vicarious thrill for me. Though I think she should've sold out to the dark side, she never would. :confused3

It'd be a great thing for the USF HP expansion, IMHO.

The expansion is going to have a larger Ollivanders with at least 3 showrooms. I think this is going to be their direct interactive experience. Not sure if they will retain the Ollivanders long term at the Wizarding World.

They are also, reportedly, going to have a similar experience to magiquest throughout the new Diagon Alley.

None of these things have been verified, however. The information I'm giving is just what I've gleaned from other people who seem to have immaculate track records.

I saw this in the USPTO patent applications a couple weeks ago. It stood out to me because it talks about a ride to simulate the illusion of teleportation on riders. It mentions Harry Potter as an example but also mentions other science fiction and fantasy stuff like Star Trek. I see that it uses something like an elevator with multiple motions in multiple directions. If Universal was securing this for HP, it would probably be very hush hush.

Well, I'm not supposed to reveal the fact that they are building a "Star Trek Adventure Universe TM" near where the bridge coming in from the Cabana Bay Beach Resort ends. This is all very hush-hush and has to do with the licensing of Transformers from ViaCom, and such. So, please don't perpetuate any rumors about "Star Trek Adventure Universe TM".

J/K. Nobody tells me anything.

I don't think we'll ever see Phase 3. I think we'll get expansions in current lands but none of them will be Harry Potter.

I can see expansions in Jurassic Park. Lots of area that can be repurposed and reconfigured there. Toon Lagoon can update and make us of that theatre. Curious George and Fievel can be totally redone and expanded into a fabulous kids area. There is even room between MIB and Simpsons that can be reconfigured at well.

I covered the rumors of a revamped Kid Zone in my rumor column this week. I think if they can work out of a deal with Dreamworks, an area with How To Train Your Dragon, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, and the Croods would be another game changer.

I covered the rumors of a revamped Kid Zone in my rumor column this week. I think if they can work out of a deal with Dreamworks, an area with How To Train Your Dragon, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, and the Croods would be another game changer.

I agree. It could be fabulous. They can get rid of everything back there right now (but leave ET).

Interesting article: rumoured opening date for the new Diagon Alley....July 2014

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201303/3420/

Oh this is awful ;) .... July 2014. Now we will have to return again next year :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter