Spectrum Moms Take on The World! Our Last Day...Multiple Posts!

Just testing out my new ticker... :goodvibes Had to get rid of the links to some of my old PTR/TRs... at least for now. I'll be losing one ticker in a month or so...

I feel like I'm missing the party! I've been writing up some updates to post when I get home from the lake so I can add my pictures. Can't wait to catch up with everyone!

Hoping for sun... it's been rainy & in the 60s for the past two days!

...We have taken other small trips to Michigan w/ family and friends and up to the Wisconsin Dells…many day trips to the zoo, and Chicago museums….but honestly nothing works like Disney…

Now I’m not saying it’s all pixie dust and Mickey ice cream bars each day…Stitch and some pirate like attitudes certainly sneak out…but somehow, the MAGIC of DISNEY transforms Nathan and he is happy, carefree, more tolerable and excited…

I am thankful for Disney’s great attitude and accommodations for children like mine…to helping w/ crowds and waiting, to making kids feel special and helping w/ food issues.

As long as Disney is there…I see ourselves coming back and back again….

Thanks so much for sharing, Julie! *sniffle sniffle*
You expressed it beautifully... I feel exactly the same way!
:hug:

Kathy

Good afternoon ladies! I am in awe of the Spectrum Moms :goodvibes.

Hi Tracy! Thanks so much for creating our Terrific Ticker! :thanks:

Thanks for sharing your story!

Speaking of stories, Heidi, what's the story with your upcoming ADRs?? I see you're making them in only one week! :banana:

...And I hope Disney will be for us what I have read it is for so many other families, I'm not expecting any miracles, but am hoping for some pixie dust

I'm convinced that if you're open to the pixie dust, it will come!! pixiedust:

Yes, I'm so looking forward to taking advantage of this trip and using things to change our plans if needed to accommodate Jack, for instance the dark rides like you said. He has headphones for loud attractions

I think it's going to be a fabulous opportunity to scope things out! :thumbsup2

...I've been writing up some updates to post when I get home from the lake so I can add my pictures. Can't wait to catch up with everyone!

Hoping for sun... it's been rainy & in the 60s for the past two days!

Oh, BOO! I hope the weather hasn't spoiled your trip! :umbrella:

Kathy

For me (and this took time) there is nothing “wrong” w/ my son and daughter…they were designed this way…this was the plan all along. And although just about everyday we hit some hurdles in the road…this disorder called Autism is a part of them and I love them even more because of it.

I loved this, so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing it with us

Subbing! I can't wait to hear more about your trip plans. My DS was diagnosed with PDD about a year ago, when he was 2 years old. I think it's awesome that you all are such great friends and are getting to take this trip together!

Speaking of stories, Heidi, what's the story with your upcoming ADRs?? I see you're making them in only one week! :banana:

Kathy[/COLOR]

I just got them finalized last night....I'm hoping to get a PTR started in the near future. I put Liam in his Mickey Mouse shirt today so I could try to get a picture of him for the intro.

I thought I'd share a new picture of my doodlebug Liam.

82410030.jpg

Liam will be going back to pre-school next week after a 2 week break after summer school. He's the youngest kid in pre-school as he turned 3 this past May. He loves going to school! I also take him 2 days a week for speech therapy at a place that uses cool things like a ball pit, swings, and a zip line to help the kids. We see improvement in him every week. Who knew hearing "grape juice" not just "juice" was a reason to celebrate but it is in our house!

82410030.jpg

Liam will be going back to pre-school next week after a 2 week break after summer school. He's the youngest kid in pre-school as he turned 3 this past May. He loves going to school! I also take him 2 days a week for speech therapy at a place that uses cool things like a ball pit, swings, and a zip line to help the kids. We see improvement in him every week. Who knew hearing "grape juice" not just "juice" was a reason to celebrate but it is in our house!

I can't believe how big Liam is getting, my goodness! He is such a cutie. I'm glad speech therapy is going well. :goodvibes

I just got them finalized last night....I'm hoping to get a PTR started in the near future. I put Liam in his Mickey Mouse shirt today so I could try to get a picture of him for the intro.

82410030.jpg

Liam will be going back to pre-school next week... We see improvement in him every week. Who knew hearing "grape juice" not just "juice" was a reason to celebrate but it is in our house!

Hey, I'll dance for two words put together!! :woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3:

And I second LL's remark... Can't believe how big he's getting!! :eek:
Oooh, I just want to squeeze him!!

Can't wait to read about your upcoming trip plans...

Kathy

Heidi, he is so adorable. I am so happy that the speech therapy is going well.

I loved this, so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing it with us

WOW! Scrappie, that was amazingly beautiful!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Subbing! I can't wait to hear more about your trip plans. My DS was diagnosed with PDD about a year ago, when he was 2 years old. I think it's awesome that you all are such great friends and are getting to take this trip together!

Hi Julia! So good to see you here! :goodvibes

Kathy

Wait, when did this happen?!

Clearly, I've been slacking on my PTR-ness!

But yay! Only 4 months and 26 days! It's so soon!

Oh my goodness Heidi! I can't believe how big Liam is!! What a cutie! I'm so glad to hear speech therapy is going well! :goodvibes

I can't believe how big Liam is getting, my goodness! He is such a cutie. I'm glad speech therapy is going well. :goodvibes

Thanks! He is hansome if I do say so myself.

Hey, I'll dance for two words put together!! :woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3:

And I second LL's remark... Can't believe how big he's getting!! :eek:
Oooh, I just want to squeeze him!!

Can't wait to read about your upcoming trip plans...

Kathy

Wait to you see pictures of Danica....you'll really want to squeeze her little cheeks!

Heidi, he is so adorable. I am so happy that the speech therapy is going well.

Thanks. Pre-school has helped a lot as well. He does really well in that structured enviroment.

Oh my goodness Heidi! I can't believe how big Liam is!! What a cutie! I'm so glad to hear speech therapy is going well! :goodvibes

Can you believe Liam is actually older than Henry by a few months. So I always find it interesting to read about Henry's development.

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT!!!!

I started my new PTR.

Link in my siggie

Thanks. Pre-school has helped a lot as well. He does really well in that structured enviroment.
I meant to comment about Liam earlier and forgot - he is SUCH a handsome little guy! I'm so glad to hear that speech and preschool are helping him! Dakoda has improved by leaps and bounds since we started PT/OT/Speech and preschool last year. And I know exactly what you mean about jumping for joy over two words!

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT!!!!
I started my new PTR.

Link in my siggie
Woot! :cool1: Heading over to check it out.

First I want to say hello to all of the readers who have signed on to follow us on this adventure! I think this is an amazing opportunity & am so happy that we get to share it with all of you. :goodvibes

I feel like I'm so far behind since I've been away for five days, so I'll do some catching up over the next few days.

First, how it all happened for me…

It all started with the PM from Kathy. Hmmm… This seemed interesting, but how could I possibly take ANOTHER trip to WDW this year. I am already planning a weekend getaway with my friend Laura at the end of September. Three nights/four days away without the family! Plus our family’s next trip is at the end of February. I was flattered to be invited and in great company but just wasn’t sure how I could make it all work or how my DH would feel about it.

After talking with Julie later that day, I decided to send DH an email at work without expressing my opinion/desire. I knew that if I brought it up face to face and looked too enthusiastic, Tim would think I was crazy. He was familiar with Kathy since we had already talked about her book & meeting her during last family trip. His reply was, “Are you going?” I replied with something along the lines of “oh I’d love to but I’m already going away with Laura, plus our family trip… How could I?” He threw the ball back in my court and basically said to let me know and he’d put in for the days off.

I really wanted to go, but was feeling major guilt about the whole thing. So I decided that if Tim wasn’t going to plan himself a weekend away, I was going to do it for him & ease some of my guilt in the process. So I booked him some tickets to visit his brother for a long weekend in Florida in mid-September… just two weeks before my trip with Laura. ;)

Around the same time I mentioned the invitation to Laura & to my mother-in-law, they both told me I HAD to go! With that support behind me and now feeling like I’m not an awful mother, I was in!

I was part of the Tuesday morning 8/17 craziness along with Tracy, Julie & Anne Marie. Luckily Tracy had emailed me that the Southwest flights were open early because it didn’t even occur to me to check until after the kids had gone to camp. After I heard from her I gave Julie a wake-up call at 6:30 her time & started booking my Feb/March flights. With that all done, I moved on to January & got $99 flights each way!!

Now the real fun begins!!

I'll be back to share our family's piece of the autism puzzle.

Oh my gosh! This is the coolest thing ever. I wish my sister would get on this board and get to know you guys, she needs this kind of support in her spectrum battle.

Three of my favorite ladies are on this trip and I can't wait to meet the rest of you!!!!!!!!! how exciting, wonderful, magical and just perfect! You all deserve it and I can only imagine how special, especially special, this trip will be. I am in awe of the three of you I know already and moved to tears several times already. And you are only on page 7!

And Kathy I am SO happy you are moving forward with your book! What a perfect way to do it.

:rotfl2: You didn't do anything to it, for some reason mickeypath's software distorts anything in a rotating banner that doesn't come from them for some reason :confused3.

I find it's kind of spotty, like it picks some images and distorts them and then is ok with others. No rhyme or reason to it that I can figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter