• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spectromagic???

TheMickey6

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

We're going to WDW in a couple of weeks... and we were reading somewhere about 'Spectromagic' at the Magic Kingdom. Can anyone tell me what this is and how it is different than 'Wishes'?:confused3

Thanks!:goodvibes :)

Spectromagic is a night time parade. Wishes is the fireworks show. Both are great.

Its the parade that replaced The Main Street Electrical Parade (those were the days). Its basically lit up floats with characters riding them. Very cool. If you get the chance to check it out by all means do so.

It is a great parade! If you want to see it make sure you check the calendar of events for MK before you go -- that parade does not happen every evening. When we were there in May it occurred 2 times a week.

awesome parade. there are some threads i can't find with photos of it, so here are a few samples from the last time i saw it. the gimmick is the parade occasionally goes from color to white and back to color (see last pics)

172427253-S.jpg
172429107-S.jpg
172431125-S.jpg
172437189-S-1.jpg
172437737-S.jpg
172439620-S.jpg
172439854-S.jpg

It's our favorite parade...
Something that I overlooked in all of my planning for last trip (don't ask me how) is that Spectro runs the opposite of the other parades, meaning it starts on Main Street and goes up to Frontierland rather than the other way around.
Ended up being a pleasant surprise for us since we were sitting on the curb down below the train station anticipating a 30 minute wait for the parade to come by.
I still don't know how I messed that up though...

Unless you're a grizzled WDW vet, Spectromagic is a must see IMO. It is one of the most special things at WDW.

Wow thanks everyone! The pictures look great....we're going to have dinner at the GF the night there having it on Aug 30... but we will definitley have to go back MK to see it!:cool1: :thumbsup2

Another vote for don't miss this parade. This is my favorite parade a must for every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter