SpectroMagic Parade

I had never seen MSEP on my earlier trips, but had seen Spectro during all my current trips up until the switch a few years back. So I'm partial to Spectro because that's the first parade I associated with Magic Kingdom.

I feel the soundtrack is far superior. The MSEP one is cute and all..... but it doesn't elicit the goosebumps and rush of emotions like the way Spectro does for me.

I would actually skip the MSEP if I had my say......... but my mom loves everything Disney and I know my kiddos enjoy it.

But if they brought Spectro back...... I would wait THREE HOURS to save a spot to see that again!

I think that Spectromagic is definitely better I feel as though I can skip the MSEP but if it was Spectromagic I would make time to watch it! The music alone is so much better!

SpectroMagic was indeed spectacular; it even impressed a fairly jaded person like myself. MSEP was just OK the first time I saw it after it returned. Nice, but no wow factor. We don't bother with it anymore, but might catch the tail end of it if we're in the Splash/BTMRR vicinity.

Jim

That is me too. I loved Spectromagic. I would make time to get a good viewing spot on Main Street. MSEP? I don't bother watching at all. If I get a glimpse of it as I'm walking around, that is all I need.

Looking on the bright side, I get more ride time now.

Please tell me that this is a cruel joke :sad: I LOVE Spectro. Even though MSEP was the first parade I ever saw in WDW, I never got on board. It was nice to see it the first time and then that's it, I was done. Now Spectro...I would make a point to see every time we were there...the music was so much better IMO and yes, I did get goosebumps from the first sound. Please Disney execs...use some Disney pixiedust: and fix or redo what is broken, just don't let it be gone forever...:sad2:

Please tell me that this is a cruel joke :sad: I LOVE Spectro. Even though MSEP was the first parade I ever saw in WDW, I never got on board. It was nice to see it the first time and then that's it, I was done. Now Spectro...I would make a point to see every time we were there...the music was so much better IMO and yes, I did get goosebumps from the first sound. Please Disney execs...use some Disney pixiedust: and fix or redo what is broken, just don't let it be gone forever...:sad2:

It's gone forever.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MSEP is my favorite for nostalgic reasons. Love the music, love the turtle, and love the Disney memories and feelings it invokes. Guess I'm old school on the parade thing.

Agreed. Baroque Hoedown and the "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls" announcement gives me chills.

I wouldn't mind an update of the parade. The floats are outdated, and it's kind of slow and boring at times.

The music and the announcement must stay! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! The Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination. In thousands of sparkling lights, and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds: the Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Personally I prefer the Spectro floats and music, but I just watched a video of MSEP and really feel like the light, happy music & fun floats are great for little ones. :goodvibes

I loved Spectro! The music was the best. I know the parade floats are no more but they still have the music! I wish they would reuse the music! I would have that song stuck in my head for days! And those funny guys that sat on top of those spinning balls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter