Spectro Magic

Mate

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Eating at Chef Mickey's at 5:00 then to MK for Spectro. What would be the best ride/activity to fit in before getting in position for Spectro i.e. best useage of time and location? We would love to get in at least 1 ride or activity before. Suggestions please??
Mate

That's hard to answer. There are a lot of variables there. When are you going? What time does Spectro start? How crowded the park is on that particular day will factor in as well.

I would look at the tip board when you get there and see what looks reasonable.

Hi,
Eating at Chef Mickey's at 5:00 then to MK for Spectro. What would be the best ride/activity to fit in before getting in position for Spectro i.e. best useage of time and location? We would love to get in at least 1 ride or activity before. Suggestions please??
Mate

It may take longer to be seated, eat, wait for all the characters to do their rounds, get to MK & find a place for Spectro than you think.

We had a 5pm or 5:15 ADR at Chef Mickey and hoped to make it to Spectro. We made it to MainStreet (maybe by 6:45 for a 7pm parade--but could barely see several rows of people back. This was offseason early Feb. Fortunately, this was not our first time to see Spectromagic and left more time to find a good viewing spot next trip.

Other times, while getting close to Wishes or Spectro time, we fit in a quick ride on Teacups, Speedway or Buzz if lines were short.

We are hoping to do the samething in September. Our ADR is at 6:10 and Spectro is at 8:00 I think. Will see if we can get there in time or not.

well Chef Mickeys Is At The Comtemporary Resort So you Half to Figure in Travel time As Well , Even though its a Fairly short Walk . It Takes 10 Minutes . Ok Lets say Spectro Is at 8PM If you Leave Chef Mickeys at 6 Or Earlier you Just May-be Able to get a ride in no problem, but dont Bank on it . MK Is Usually Pretty Busy that time of day . If your Just Planning on the Parade . you Can Walk in the Gate As Late as 7pm And Still Be ok .
. if your going to arrive After 7 pm Thats Going to be Tight . youll Make the parade but Good Luck Finding a decent Seat
NOw If the reservation is After 6 PM Youd Better eat Pretty Quickly . Its going to take Some time to Meet All the Characters

You might be cutting it kind of close . . . I'd say take your time at Chef Mickey's and enjoy your meal instead of rushing through it, knowing that you might not make it to Spectro Magic. If you do make it, consider it a bonus. :)

Here's another option. When you get to MK hop on the train to Frontierland. There are great places to watch the parade there and often they are less crowded. It takes a good 20 minutes for the parade to reach FL, so you might be able to buy yourself some time. And if you get happen to get there early you can ride Splash or BTMR or HM.

I'd cancel the ADR for Chef Mickeys and make one for Tony's Town Square Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. If you can make the ADR for about 90 minutes before parade starting time, and ask for a table on the porch, you can enjoy your meal and watch the parade in comfort at the same time. And, you'll have more time to enjoy the park as well.

:wizard: Karnak

Thanks, I hear there are good spots in Frontierland for viewing spectro. Spectro is a main goal after Chef Mickey's. We will be there in mid Sept. and Spectro is at 8:00. I think we will eat, walk over, and get a position of Spectro anything else will be a bonus. Does this parade always start on Main Street?

Something that has a short wait time. Carousel of Progress or Country Bears would be my pick. Maybe Pirates.

Have fun.

I'd second Pirates if the wait time is listed for less then 15 mins AND you plan to watch SM in Frontierland. If you want Main street people start claiming sidewalk space around 7:30pm so its a little tight if you plan to see Chip, Dale, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy etc. Chef Mickey's is never on time either so your lucky to get out of there by 6:30ish.

I'd cancel the ADR for Chef Mickeys and make one for Tony's Town Square Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. If you can make the ADR for about 90 minutes before parade starting time, and ask for a table on the porch, you can enjoy your meal and watch the parade in comfort at the same time. And, you'll have more time to enjoy the park as well.

I have a dinner reservation at Tony's for 60 minutes before Spectro Magic parade time, any opinions on if this is early enough to try to score a porch table?

I have a dinner reservation at Tony's for 60 minutes before Spectro Magic parade time, any opinions on if this is early enough to try to score a porch table?

Yep. I'd say you have a real good chance, unless you are part of a very large party. If I were you, I'd arrive at Tony's about 20 minutes before my reservation time (earlier than that if there's a line at the podium), and ask to be seated on the porch when you check in.

The last time I did that, while I was seated in the waiting area, a CM came up to me and asked me if I'd mind waiting while a table was cleared. Of course I said yes, and within ten minutes or so, I was seated on the porch.

Hope it works for you, and I'd be very surprised if it didn't.

Here's what I did on Thursday June 11.

We were at Animal Kingdom until it closed at 7 pm. We drove over to Kissimee for a quick drive through snack and then hit Magic Kingdom around 8:15. the lines along Main Street were already about 5 or 6 rows deep waiting for the parade.

We went a rode Haunted Mansion with a 20 minute wait and made it to the parade route at around 8:50 for the 9 pm parade. We were able to get front row right across the street from the singin' bears. The parade didn't show up in our area until about 9:20 or so. There were very few people watching the parade from this area.

We then hit Splash Mountain with a 15 minute wait and were able to see a portion of Wishes from the ride. Very cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter