Spectator help! Half marathon...

welovedisney7778

Mouseketeer
My husband is running his first Disney half marathon next week, and me and the kids were hoping to be in the MK to see him run by the castle, and then hop on the monorail to be near the finish line when he crosses. After reading some of the threads on here, I am realizing that this is not going to happen. Can someone give me a realistic idea of the best plan of action to see him run at some point? kids are 8 and 4, so taking a 3 AM bus isn't something I really want to do...We do have a car, so we can drive or take a bus, but I've read conflicting reports of when you can drive where, and what roads and lots are closed at different times...please help us cheer him on! :yay:

Thanks!

Are you staying at a Disney resort, and do you have an idea of his expect finish time?

I did this two years ago with a 6 and 3 year old. We saw my wife at the TTC and then at the finish, by riding the monorail from TTC to the finish. Trying the TTC, then the Polynesian, and then trying to make the finish line seemed too tight with kids and her expected pace. The TTC was nice because the kids could be right up on the course to give her high fives. The finish line area is a a lot harder with the larger number of people.

Thank you! Yes, we are on property and he's planning on it taking him 2:15-2:30, figured he'd be in the MK around 7..how did you get to the TTC?

You best bet is to be on the 4:30-4:40'ish bus and head to the race with the last folks. From there it's monorail to the TTC.

If that is not an option then hop a cab about 5:15 ish for the TTC. I know that I am way early on the time but the traffic into the TTC will not be easy due to road closures. The path is simple depending on the resort. Get to the intersection of Buena Vista and Bonnet Creek, head north to Vista, Take vista west to World the World North to 7 seas and then west on Seven Seas to the TTC. In practice on race day getting onto World through the TTC can be a chore because World is jammed due to a one lane close just north of Seven Seas. Further Seven Seas is jammed as it is a temporary dead end at the Poly. There will be numerous folks attempting the cab route so it could back up if one waits too long.

My DH is running the half again this year and will be in the 1:55 range. We take the bus from the BC to Epcot and then get right in line for the monorail. We watch at TTC where there is the small ramp that the trams go down and under the roadway. We then hop on the monorail and go back to wait at the finish (actually just before the finish by the Epcot entrance). You won't have time to do TTC, walk to Poly and watch and then get a monorail to get back. We are planning on being on a bus by 4:30 to get to TTC in time. Your DH should be in a corral with mine or the one after so figure he will start around 5:45.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter