Special Valentine's weekend Dinner?

audrabolster

<font color=blue>You didn't hear about the polar b
My wife and I are going to Disneyland for the first time in almost 3 years for our second Valentines weekend trip and I wanted to think of something special for her.

I've made tentative reservations for paint the night dinner at Blue Bayou one night, and WOC lunch at Carthay Circle. We've never had a meal at any of the hotels. Does Disney ever do anything special for Valentine's? Anyone have any ideas? I've read some iffy reviews on the PTN and WOC viewing spots, so I'm open to changing!

Last edited:
While waiting for any Valentine's specific special dinners, you may also want to consider a reservation for Napa Rose at the Grand Californian. I have also heard great things about Steakhouse 55 at DLH though we have not eaten dinner there.

When DH and I went for a 'no kids' trip, we had both lunch at Carthay Circle and dinner at Napa Rose. Both were excellent! Have also heard great things about Steakhouse 55 but have never had the pleasure of dining there. I'm sure there will be Valentine's Day deals/specials advertised soon.

Where ever you do decide to go, I highly recommend reservations. (although I'm sure that's a no brainer ) Last year, we did a trip to Knotts over Presidents wknd which included Valentine's day. We went to DTD just to walk around in the evening and it was BUSY!!!

I was looking up Wine Country Trattoria's menu for the WOC package info and saw that they have a Valentine's Day menu listed. Perhaps if you look through the menus on Disneyland's site, you might be able to find a few more Valentine's menus.

Wow, some of those Valentines dishes from last year sound awesome!

I just read the Valentines menu for Carthay Circle and it sounds very decadent!!

I'm off to read more! Are the special dishes served on Valentine's day ONLY? Typically, I'll be two days too late.

Speaking of 'two', there's a big fat typo in the description of the Carthay menu... Bet you'll spot it! :P

Someone asked about the timing of the offerings last year down in the comments section of the blog posting and the answer was that "some items will be available all week, while others will only be available only on February 14." The author didn't specify which items were available for more than just Valentine's Day itself.

Awesome! Thank you all for the input, I think maybe I'll keep our tentative plans, and see if something Valentine's related happens closer to our dates

Well, at least they didn't leave me hanging! Very specific dates on everything! And I'll miss it all except for the 16th at Steakhouse 55, which may work! Except that I don't love seafood... Think they'd do a substitution in that situation or do you guys think its a set menu and that's that?

If I was going to be there on Valentines Day, I'd go for the sparkling wine and dessert sampler at the Alfresco Terrace! Sounds very romantic!

Some great ideas! I've swapped a few of my reservations around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter