• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special Treat for DH

sas_mk

Mouseketeer
We were incredibly blessed this year and we were able to purchase APs for the entire family (all 5 of us)! We live in Utah, so this is quite a treat to get annual passes for a park 1200 miles away. :thumbsup2

Initiallym, we were just planning on two trips -- one last September and then one more this September, but my DH was awesome :cool1: and he planned the perfect getaway for us for my birthday in December. I had always wanted to go to Disneyland to see the Christmas decorations and it was a dream come true.

Now that I am planning our vacation for the first week of September, I want to do something special to surprise him. A nice dinner? A special show? The perfect souvenir? I am not sure what yet, but I want him to know how much I love and appreciate him. :love:

Any fantastic ideas out there?

I haven't been to DLR yet, but if it is for all of you, how about WOC dining or the Fantasmic! Dessert seating? Maybe a meal at Blue Bayou?

If it is just the two of you, I hear nice things about Napa Rose.

If it is just for him, how about a tour?

It would probably be for all of us. These are some great suggestions. I will need to look into these!

First of all, I think you meant to say it is 1200 miles round trip. I'm in Utah County, and it's about 640 miles to DLR for us. Second, since you are going the first week of September, have you checked in to the Dapper Day rates onsite? They have great prices and staying onsite is very special, especially if you haven't ever stayed onsite before. Third, I would also suggest doing Blue Bayou. If your kids are little and you stay onsite, you could send them to Pinocchios Workshop at the GCH while you have a romantic dinner for two. I also think it would be fun to do a tour. Another suggestion is to do photopass + if you haven't done it yet. We got some wonderful photos of our family that way. My favorite is a photo of just DH and I in front of the castle. They did a magic shot that had my DH holding balloons. It's kinda cheesy but I love it! Finally, have you hinted around to your hubby about what he would want? Sometimes, I think I'm being all creative trying to come up with surprises for him, when they are really more for me than for him!

Yes. I did mean 1200 miles round trip. :) As much as I always try to find a way to stay permanently in Anaheim when we visit, our trips always include the miles to come back home. ;)

We haven't ever stayed on site before. I need to check out the Dapper Days rates and see if that fits into the budget. Thanks for the suggestion!

I added more to my list above. Go to Dapperday.com to see the prices. Very reasonable. Even for a cheapskate like me!

You will love the Christmas experience. I went for the first time last year, and so enjoyed it that we are going again this year. I highly recommend staying onsite for your Christmas trip. The hotels are decorated, have Santas and carolers! Also, Photopass+ is a great deal during the holidays. There are photographers at every tree, and there are many photostops that are decorated as well. Start reading the Christmas superthread. The moderator is Sherry and she keeps us well informed. Regarding something special for your husband, I think a romantic dinner for the two of you would be great! We love Blue Bayou. But if he is a foodie, you might try Napa Rose. You know, the most special thing you will be giving him is the joy on your face when you celebrate your birthday with Mickey and Minnie. You can also thank him privately, later! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter