Special ticketed event ?

wdhinn89

DIS Veteran
I was checking the park hours for MK on 8/20 and it says there is a special ticketed event from
7:45am-9:00am. What does that mean?

Is that different than Early Magic Hours that HS has on the same day?

Yes - Early Morning Magic is a paid event that includes breakfast - anyone - on or off property can purchase a ticket for that event

Extra Magic Hours are extra free hours for those staying on property only

Early Morning Magic is different from Extra Magic Hours. Anyone staying at a WDW resort is able to do Extra Magic Hours (park opens an hour earlier or closes an hour or more later). You have to purchase Early Morning Magic. Some of the rides in Fantasyland are opened from 7:45-9:00 while everyone else is held on Mainstreet/Castle and there is a breakfast buffet at Pinnochio Village Haus. We did it a few weeks ago, well worth the price.

EMM (or "Even More Money" as I call it) gets you a breakfast buffet and the ability to go on 3 rides, Pooh, Peter Pan and 7 Dwarves before the park opens to the general public. You need to use a park ticket too.

How is the breakfast ??? My husband loves breakfast buffets ...

Last edited:
Early Morning Magic is different from Extra Magic Hours. Anyone staying at a WDW resort is able to do Extra Magic Hours (park opens an hour earlier or closes an hour or more later). You have to purchase Early Morning Magic. Some of the rides in Fantasyland are opened from 7:45-9:00 while everyone else is held on Mainstreet/Castle and there is a breakfast buffet at Pinnochio Village Haus. We did it a few weeks ago, well worth the price.

I don't think you have to be staying at a WDW resort, just buy regular park admission.

My friends and I did it last year, we did PP x 2 and Pooh x 2 (they let us stay on), 7DMT 2x (we had to get off and back on again), Carousel, we jumped on Small World and Haunted Mansion right after park opening with no lines, then had breakfast.

I don't think you have to be staying at a WDW resort, just buy regular park admission.

My friends and I did it last year, we did PP x 2 and Pooh x 2 (they let us stay on), 7DMT 2x (we had to get off and back on again), Carousel, we jumped on Small World and Haunted Mansion right after park opening with no lines, then had breakfast.

Extra Magic Hours, which all the parks have, you have to be staying on site.

Early Morning Magic, is open to anyone staying on or off-site, but you have to have a valid MK ticket for that day, and reserve and purchase entry to the EMM event.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/

EMM was the best part of our last trip and we're doing it again later this month.

My hat is off to anyone who can do SDMT 10 times or more in a row. I had to throw in the towel after seven trips when I started getting queasy.

Here's the link [to Disney's EMM page] if you'd like to buy a ticket.
I followed that link, thanks for that. Seeing the availability calendar brought up some questions. First, I noticed that the EMM events are currently being held on Sundays and Tuesdays, but in mid-October that changes to Tuesdays and Thursdays. Can we expect Tuesdays and Thursdays to continue in the future? I also noticed there are no available dates for November or beyond. When do future dates for EMM become available for booking? Is there a "days window" similar to ADR and FP+ reservations? (our tour dates are in February) And one more thing, are EMM events always held in the MK/Fantasyland?

I followed that link, thanks for that. Seeing the availability calendar brought up some questions. First, I noticed that the EMM events are currently being held on Sundays and Tuesdays, but in mid-October that changes to Tuesdays and Thursdays. Can we expect Tuesdays and Thursdays to continue in the future? I also noticed there are no available dates for November or beyond. When do future dates for EMM become available for booking? Is there a "days window" similar to ADR and FP+ reservations? (our tour dates are in February) And one more thing, are EMM events always held in the MK/Fantasyland?

It's usually Sunday/Tuesday. Maybe it's changing for now due to MK parties. Idk about that

As far as I know their put up about 1-2 months in advance and I don't believe there's a specific day when they update and are available

EMM is always within MK in that same area. They also did EMM at HS last year in addition to MK, but that ended earlier this year

Does anyone know how EMM affects crowds? We have fastpasses for Peter Pan and Mine Train so I'm not worried about those but wonder if Winnie the Pooh will be too crowded once we get in at regular opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter