Special offer at BWV,OKW,BCV,

ornurse

Earning My Ears
I just heard that DVC is or are going to offer a better deal then the offer @ SSR. 80.00 a point at either BWV,OKW,BCV min 120 points.. I also posted the special offer @SSR last week and nobody believed that, but was true as well... BUY BUY BUY..... :cool1:

From what I understand it will run from 11/01/05 to 12/01/05. After that a serious rate hike...

Is this another add-on promotion? Or, for first time buyers?

What about VWL? Was that mentioned? When will it be announced? Do you know? Thanks!!

Edited to say: Do I sound desparate? :rotfl:

Im a basketcase! :crazy2: This post has sent me into a tizzy...running around finding the checkbook, checking online balances! I hope your right this would be GREAT!!!!

jiggerj said:
Im a basketcase! :crazy2: This post has sent me into a tizzy...running around finding the checkbook, checking online balances! I hope your right this would be GREAT!!!!

I am with you jiggerj! I just transferred by credit card balances to a zero interest card and I was thinking, Hey I can afford this!! :rotfl2:

Any more details? Your information is greatly appreciated.

We are seriously considering the 120 pt add-on to SSR but would possibly hold off if BWV and/or BCV become available.

I could understand OKW, VB and maybe HHI. But it's well-known that members almost always have to go on a waiting list for points at BCV, BWV and VWL...and that's at $92 each. I don't see how they could come close to meeting the demand generated by a 15% price cut.

I just don't see how DVC could make such an offer on those properties. :confused3

tjkraz said:
I don't see how they could come close to meeting the demand generated by a 15% price cut.....I just don't see how DVC could make such an offer on those properties.

I agree but hope for everyone's sake that they do and that this rumor is true. But why would they do a special when they are already selling them for what they are asking and where will all of those points come from? Has Disney been hoarding ROFR contracts for the past year?

HBC

tjkraz said:
I could understand OKW, VB and maybe HHI. But it's well-known that members almost always have to go on a waiting list for points at BCV, BWV and VWL...and that's at $92 each. I don't see how they could come close to meeting the demand generated by a 15% price cut.

I just don't see how DVC could make such an offer on those properties. :confused3
I agree, and even add OKW to that list. Since all of these are sold-out resorts, where are all the points going to come from?

OKW has been sold out for years so there can't be than many buyers who have failed to make payments and are losing their contract. Likewise it wouldn't make sense for DVC to grab points via ROFR in the high $70's to low $80's ranges, pay closing costs, and then turn around and sell them at $80.

Here's an older post by Ornurse

Just talked to my DH and i asked him to confirm again the 150 point min now up to 175 min points affect in 09/01/02...And i will quote him the difference 150 point to the new min of175 @ 80 a point is a whopping 2.000..... people would buy it if it was a min of 200 points.. Its all a money maker folks, just enjoy the ride!!!

So much for that prediction she made just 3 years ago! I give this new 'rumor' the same credibility.

Caskbill said:
Here's an older post by Ornurse

So much for that prediction she made just 3 years ago! I give this new 'rumor' the same credibility.

Couldn't agree more, Ornurse is blowing smoke. There simply isn't an explanation that makes sense with this one. Even if it was HHI and VB I wouldn't believe it. Thanks for taking the steam out of this rumor.

DAVE

I know a lot of folks would LUV for this rumor to be legitimate. However, after JUST closing on two separate 75 point contracts at BCV, I might be a teeny weeny upset if some super-duper deal comes out. That said, I'm with those who have to wonder if there's any credibility to this claim. After all, I was on a waitlist for months for BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter