• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special needs and age limit in the Oceaneer club

macfather

Earning My Ears
First and for most, let me start by giving a VERY VERY VERY heartfelt thanks to anyone who may see this post that works in the Oceaneer club/Oceaneer lab (especially on the Fantasy). You guys are the very reason why I vacation on Disney Cruise Lines (Especially you John... I hope you enjoy the large tub of Jelly belly's for being my favorite cast member). You are magic makers.. never forget that.

That being said.... I'm concerned this time around. I have a daughter who is absolutely in LOVE with the Oceaneer club/Oceaneer lab. She'll be 10 on our next cruise and approaching the age limit to be transferred to Edge. Her name is Sarah and she has Downs Syndrome. She appears to be about the age of 7, and she's cognitively about 7 as well.

How strict is the age limit on the Fantasy? Can a parent request a lower level club in cases such as this? I don't feel she'll enjoy Edge just yet. But I believe her heaven on earth is Pixie hollow and the magic square floor.

Please tell me good news..

/signed
worried father

9758604543_9894e626de_b.jpg

First and for most, let me start by giving a VERY VERY VERY heartfelt thanks to anyone who may see this post that works in the Oceaneer club/Oceaneer lab (especially on the Fantasy). You guys are the very reason why I vacation on Disney Cruise Lines (Especially you John... I hope you enjoy the large tub of Jelly belly's for being my favorite cast member). You are magic makers.. never forget that. That being said.... I'm concerned this time around. I have a daughter who is absolutely in LOVE with the Oceaneer club/Oceaneer lab. She'll be 10 on our next cruise and approaching the age limit to be transferred to Edge. Her name is Sarah and she has Downs Syndrome. She appears to be about the age of 7, and she's cognitively about 7 as well. How strict is the age limit on the Fantasy? Can a parent request a lower level club in cases such as this? I don't feel she'll enjoy Edge just yet. But I believe her heaven on earth is Pixie hollow and the magic square floor. Please tell me good news.. /signed worried father

I'm not sure but I think they are pretty strict on the age. Hopefully more people respond.

At 10 she is within the age limits to be in the Club/Lab, so no worries. The Kid's Club CM that reports on here has stated that they are very strict on ages when it comes to kids moving downward in the clubs. She did say that if a child goes to an area and really does not like it you can speak with the manager and they "may" agree to a move.

Since your daughter has a couple of years yet in her favorite area all should be wonderful. This may become something to consider if you decide to sail again around the time your daughter turns 12.

Enjoy your cruise.

She can be in the Club/Lab until she turns 13. If she still only wants to visit the Club/Lab after that, you will have to go with her to open houses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter