• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special extras to do at parks

2 lil'princesses

Mouseketeer
Next June, I will be taking my DH, DD8, and DD6 to Universal (both parks), Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, and possibly Busch Gardens. I have been to Universal and Sea World before but it has been many, many years! I know WDW so well so I'm nervous about going to all these parks w/o much knowledge of them.

I love to add on a few extras when we vacation (like at WDW we did an Illuminations cruise, BBB, etc) but I'm unsure of what are the best extras offered in these parks, especially Universal and Sea World. Taking into account my DDs ages, what do you suggest? TIA!

At universal there isn’t much, you have Cinematic Spectacular Dining Experience, during the Cinematic Spectacular. Then you have Universal's Superstar Parade with a character breakfast (which gives you early admission).. oh and ollivanders of course but that’s kinda part of the theme parks so not really an “extra”

Blue Man Group at Universal and the Luau at Sea World could be fun to do. My family took my two nieces (7 and 5) to luau earlier this year and had a great time.

I didn't even think about City Walk and what would be there. It didn't exist the last time I went. Funny that we just took the girls to see Blue Man Group in Chicago. At first they were disappointed because they wanted to go back to Medieval Times but they ended up loving it! I think the shows are different in different locations, though, so I will definitely look into them. Thanks for the other suggestions as well!

I think that all the Blue Man shows are exactly the same, except for the one down here in Orlando. I know the Orlando one was exactly the same as the one in Boston until it's additions last year. The new show is about 50% different (just a guess) and the old stuff they kept was the best/most memorable from the first show.

Forgot about mini-golf, the Hollywood Drive In has the two best courses in Orlando, and that's saying something.

I third the Blue Man Group show. We went a few weeks ago with my niece for her birthday and it was a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter