• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special Disney Souveniers - Traditions

SLDL

DIS Veteran
I read one TR where the OP's DD bought a Disney Barbie on each trip to DW. What are some of your favorite things to buy at DW to add to your collection?? My DH bought a bobbing head Mickey w/ a baseball uniform & I told him we'd have to get a different sport each time we went. I would love to start collecting something for my 1 y.o. DD who will be going for the first time THIS MONTH (I can say that now b/c it's officially September!). Any ideas??

We are really boring and go with the traditional Christmas Ornament, but we also do pins, beach towels, and the little mini photo albums each time we go. There is SO much you can collect! It is fun starting a tradition, and sometimes we don't even plan it, it just happens. Have fun!

We collect a magnet from each resort we stay at. My in-laws collect drink stirrers from every bar in WDW they have ever gone to since 1972!

Each visit I get a sterling charm for my charm bracelet and DD's. They are wonderful to look at and remember.

I am boring, and just buy a pin for each trip. Last time, I bought a special "year" pin, and then bought a special pin for each DS (one that applied to their current interests). And then one special for me. Once they get older, I'll let them pick their special pin, of course, but they are only 4 and 2 now. Actually, I'll probably let them pick them out this time, but last time they were only 2.5 and 1.

I think it's a great idea to start collecting something now to commemorate each visit!

I always get a new snow globe and an Ornament for my Christmas tree.

We have started getting DD a Chrismas ornament with her name and WDW and the year on it. We also get "toothpick holders" and golf balls with park/resort logos on it.

Mish said:
I always get a new snow globe and an Ornament for my Christmas tree.

Another Christmas ornament buyer here! We go to DTD every time we are there and go to the Christmas store there. In years past, I have always picked out the ornament, but this past June I let each of my two boys pick one out. I couldn't decide because I liked them all, and it was my younger son's first trip to the World, so I thought it would be nice to have each of them pick one. Now we have 2 more fun Disney ornaments to add to our tree this year!!!

We always get a christmas ornament and our DD gets a sterling silver charm for her bracelet and a Pearl from Japan in epcot

julsmom said:
Each visit I get a sterling charm for my charm bracelet and DD's. They are wonderful to look at and remember.

We do the same thing...I have to start a new one for our 1yr old. This will be her first trip to WDW.

A silhoutte cutout of our children from Magic Kingdom. We did this as kids and now we are starting the tradition with our children........so neat to see how they change.

bnhasak said:
We collect a magnet from each resort we stay at.

I collect magnets, too. It's a fun collection! I like having one from the resort we stay at, one with a year on it, and one from our favorite ride.

Do you know if they sell a MNSSHP magnet?

I have never seen a MNSSHP magnet I would get it for sure. I always get a magnet, an ornament and one of the seasonal mugs they sell in the parks. They're great because it has the date you remeber the trip. Usually about $4 filled with coke.

minniebeth said:
We are really boring and go with the traditional Christmas Ornament, but we also do pins, beach towels, and the little mini photo albums each time we go. There is SO much you can collect! It is fun starting a tradition, and sometimes we don't even plan it, it just happens. Have fun!

I don't think ornaments are boring!! We always do this and every year while we decorate our tree, we get to talk about all of our trips! We have already been thinking about what kind to get this year since we will be going at Christmas and our DS 3 first trip!

Another pin buyer here! Also, I usually purchase scrapbooking items-if I find something different.

Also, on the last few trips I've gotten my DD6 a few charms for her bracelet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter