Special Diets Dairy Allergy

teetee830

"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney
Hi, our next trip with be our first since DS dairy allergy diagnosis. I have no allergies so this is all new to me. I know when I make my ADR's I'll indicate the dairy allergy but is there something else I should do or will they contact me?

Thanks for your help!

About 6 weeks before your trip, email Special Diets and they'll send you the allergy sheet with the special allergy foods for dairy allergies. It may be inaccurate but it will give you a general idea of places to get CS food.

If you've already maked the allergy on your TS reservations, you don't need to do anything until you arrive. Remind the host/ess that you have an allergy member and they'll send out a chef to talk to you after you sit down.

Thanks do you know where I find the special diets email address? I appreciate your help.

Hi...I just posted yesterday about my conversation with the Special Diets dept regarding my sons dairy and peanut allergy. If you cant find it let me know and I'll cut and paste the information here. The post was titled special diets info.

As someone who avoids dairy, I have a question and figured the OP could benefit from it too:

At Be Our Guest they have kiosks and cashiers for taking orders at lunch. I've heard that the kiosks have a list of allergens/ingredients for the items on the menu. Does anyone have experience w/ this? Is it still better to just go w/ the cashier?

As someone who avoids dairy, I have a question and figured the OP could benefit from it too:

At Be Our Guest they have kiosks and cashiers for taking orders at lunch. I've heard that the kiosks have a list of allergens/ingredients for the items on the menu. Does anyone have experience w/ this? Is it still better to just go w/ the cashier?

I tried using the kiosk for all of 30 seconds last Nov. before giving up and asking the cashier for a manager. I do remember the kiosk removing items when the allergy button was clicked but I have several allergies that are uncommon so the kiosk didn't have them. It doesn't show ingredients, just removes items with the allergen. The manager had one of the chefs come out to speak to me. That was nice for a CS.

Random Ninja said:
I tried using the kiosk for all of 30 seconds last Nov. before giving up and asking the cashier for a manager. I do remember the kiosk removing items when the allergy button was clicked but I have several allergies that are uncommon so the kiosk didn't have them. It doesn't show ingredients, just removes items with the allergen. The manager had one of the chefs come out to speak to me. That was nice for a CS.

Good to know. Thanks Ninja!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter