"Special Dietary Requests" Question

Katti Michele

Mouseketeer
I'll be going on a Father/Daughter Disney trip the first week of November. We snagged Free Dining. My dad's had some serious heart issues, including a scare just a month ago. He also has an insulin pump and severe diabetes. I'm just curious if anyone has ever noted that on their ADRs and were able to substitute dessert for something a little more "healthy"? Not sure if it's worth it to make a note or not worry about it. I know they have sugar-free desserts so that may be our answer. Lord knows that man will order dessert every night because it's "free"!

I know some changes were released a few weeks ago about how you could possibly get a fruit plate, soup, or other alternatives to a dessert on the DDP. I haven't read too much "proof" of that on here, but I know it's still very early in that change. I'm just curious if anyone has had any feedback on this type of "request". I know there are some severe food allergies or other dietary restrictions so i'm definitely not trying to cheat the system or anything of the sort, but figured I would ask as I know there are many, many Disers out there who probably have this same issue!

Thanks for any help!

My family has multiple allergies including dairy which pretty much eliminates all the normal desserts. We are always offered a few alternate choices for dessert. My 2 year old daughter was given a fruit plate that was almost as big as her at HDDR. Just note it when you check in and ask what your options are. Disney is amazing for eating with special diets. You aren't cheating the system. He has a need and they will be happy to work with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter